saint louis class ring?

jeff0172

Sep 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone know what school this class ring is from? i think its saint lous u but why would it say SIL? the ring dates back to 1947-48 so was there a school that it came from that closed or something?
i was thinking south louisiana but it looks like st louis colors
IMAG0760.jpgIMAG0761.jpg

I don't think Saint would be abbreviated with just an 'S'. It would be 'St'.

I agree with nhbenz. It probably reads ISL. Illinois School of Law? Indiana? Iowa?

Need more info...

DCMatt

Upvote 0
I don't think Saint would be abbreviated with just an 'S'. It would be 'St'.

I agree with nhbenz. It probably reads ISL. Illinois School of Law? Indiana? Iowa?

Need more info...

DCMatt

its made of sterling silver and not sure what the emblem is made of it was custom made by vargas by the hallmark anywhere from 1947-48
i think its for southern illinois school of law but i think instaid of U FOR UNIVERSITY IT WAS REPLACED BY THE L for law since they have many diffrent programs for law

Upvote 0
Are you in Southern Illinois?

DCMatt

Upvote 0
nope bought it from a guy in st louis who said it was a st louis ring

Upvote 0
Here is a similar style called "The Art Deco Ring" made by Vargas beginnng in the late 30's.

View attachment 697029

I can't find any other Vargas class rings on-line. Maybe yours is from a fraternal organization (lodge) or simply someone's initials.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
could be anything who knows. just bought it becuase it looked cool and becuase it was in good shape for the age i still think its southern illinois law school but i may be wrong theres no way to prove where it came from

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back