Need Help Identifying

Acejeckel

Jul 18, 2009
Just Outside Detroit
Detector(s) used
White's V3I, DFX, M6, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out metal detecting today in a cut bean field and found this, I have found some points before but I don’t know much about them. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I found in Southeast lower Michigan close to Lake Erie. I took a picture with a quarter for comparison.
IMG_5759.jpeg
IMG_5758.jpeg
IMG_5756.jpeg
IMG_5766.jpeg
IMG_5767.jpeg

Upvote 4
It's a broken point for sure. Hard to tell the type from its damage. Odd it ended up right on top of the bean stubble. Good eye to see it.

It's a broken point for sure. Hard to tell the type from its damage. Odd it ended up right on top of the bean stubble. Good eye to see it.
Yeah I gathered it was broken, the ground in that field is super hard and stoney and the color is what caught my eye being so light colored. It might be hard to tell in the pic but it was on its side in the clay between the stubble.

Any idea of the material?

It looks like it could be a used up Clovis point. It’s a lanceolate for sure. It has an impact fracture on the tip. White flint from Mi might be glacial till flint from Canada or common Burlington flint imported from farther SW.

It looks like it could be a used up Clovis point. It’s a lanceolate for sure. It has an impact fracture on the tip. White flint from Mi might be glacial till flint from Canada or common Burlington flint imported from farther SW.
Thank you so much for the information.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back