Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!
Long ago I did not come here. It is a lot of works and moving to other house, did not give free time for hunting and the Internet. Last week I at last could make several hunts. I want to share with you the pleasure and I will show my finds.
As usual, with friends we went to the place of the former village. Using old maps and satellite maps, we found the place. Finds on this place have dating 13-18 century.
There are my finds

Copper ring. 14 century.
IMG_20160804_131848.jpg
IMG_20160804_131905.jpg

Old axe period of board Peter I. 18th century.
IMG_20160804_085342.jpg

Christian breast icon "Nikita Besogon beating a demon". 14-15 century. A very rare find in Russia.
IMG-1470336035095-V.jpg
The plot of an icon shows the Byzantine Saint Nikita's episode.
Having become the Christian, Nikita has caused extreme displeasure of the pagan father and after tortures has been put in prison where to him the demon who has accepted angelic shape was. The demon has begun to persuade Nikita to bow to pagan idols and by that to avoid new tortures.
Nikita has doubted angelic essence of the guest, has prayed to the Lord then to him the archangel Mikhail has descended from heaven and has ordered to put a false angel on trial. Nikita has seized a demon, has stepped on him and has beaten the iron shackles, having forced it to admit the devil nature.

Bludgeon. 13-14 century. By russian (Kisten/Кистень). in a different way is called "volkoboy" - from the Russian pronunciation "to beat wolves". It is a small weight which was suspended on the end of a short lash. He well protected the horse rider from wolves and was the excellent weapon of self-defense. Also rare find.
IMG-1470335914338-V.jpg
2114341.jpg
nahodki-kisten-2-10.jpg
nahodki-kisten-2-9.jpg

When I found it, I danced for pleasure, and people from cars on the road looked at the strange person who with a shovel in a hand dances in the field. :)))

And some fotos of this place
IMG_20160804_102611.jpgIMG_20160804_102603.jpg

If you have questions of my finds and of my country, you can ask me, I with pleasure will answer.
And excuse for my English. :)

Upvote 113
Wow, great finds. I just finished a book on the Romanov dynasty by Montefiore, a fascinating read on part of you Country's history.

Slept on it & voted banner for the nice condition Icon!

The washed copper ring. I already found similar. If it is interesting, I described him in my thread.
IMG_20160815_005644.jpg

It is the axe which I have found. I have washed him and I plan to restore as other axes which I found earlier. I have partially described restoration process in this thread
IMG_20160815_005719.jpgIMG_20160815_010258.jpg

I have seen your interest in volkoboy. Perhaps his parameters, the size and (weight gramm) will be interesting to you. There are historic facts: volkoboy could break a skull of a wolf and break a backbone of a dog.
And during war volkoboy it was used as the main weapon
IMG_20160815_010144.jpgIMG_20160815_005444.jpg

Sorry..Perhaps I am persuasive, but I want to tell you what is pleasant to me, this website and people here. It is good that we have an opportunity to communicate here without policy and other prejudices. It is pleasant to me to tell about history of my country and to show that she isn't so awful as perhaps speak on TV. :-)
And as usual: Don't hesitate if you have questions of my finds and my country, I with pleasure will answer them.
Best regards

Very nice finds and the story added a lot to it. Thanks for sharing......brate !

Hope moving to the new Home, puts you closer to more Great Finds. Enjoyed the History.Across the Pond-goldnugget-North Carolina. U.S.A. Voted Banner

Loved your post and finds. Looking forward to your next one. :thumbsup:

Christian breast icon, medallion.. Beautiful, Thank you for sharing..

Excellent post. I had no trouble understanding your story and truly enjoyed it. Some of your finds are incredible. Congrats on the Banner.
It is well deserved.

Wow, talk about historical finds!! Definitely banner material here. Thanks for sharing!

gabberbob, your finds are outstanding and of museum quality. I hope that you can continue to hunt that spot for a long time and find many more goodies! Congratulations, Sub 8-)

Friends! Thank you that voted for a banner, for my finds. For me it is an big award for many hours of studying of history and old maps, kilometers of roads and ton of soil on a shovel.
I am very glad that you like result of my searches. I hope many relics it will be found, I will share with you the pleasure and emotion again:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Incredible discovery . If I were ever to find something like that Volkoboy I would not be dancing in the field I would be running around in a circle screaming at the top of my lungs like an idiot.

Wow!! this is Nice tale for Terror Movie ..wolf hunting

Congratulations to you with your Banner notification....well deserved. We are all very happy for you!...
Vodka for everyone!....we pay for ours, yours is free!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back