Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all!
Long ago I did not come here. It is a lot of works and moving to other house, did not give free time for hunting and the Internet. Last week I at last could make several hunts. I want to share with you the pleasure and I will show my finds.
As usual, with friends we went to the place of the former village. Using old maps and satellite maps, we found the place. Finds on this place have dating 13-18 century.
There are my finds

Copper ring. 14 century.
IMG_20160804_131848.jpg
IMG_20160804_131905.jpg

Old axe period of board Peter I. 18th century.
IMG_20160804_085342.jpg

Christian breast icon "Nikita Besogon beating a demon". 14-15 century. A very rare find in Russia.
IMG-1470336035095-V.jpg
The plot of an icon shows the Byzantine Saint Nikita's episode.
Having become the Christian, Nikita has caused extreme displeasure of the pagan father and after tortures has been put in prison where to him the demon who has accepted angelic shape was. The demon has begun to persuade Nikita to bow to pagan idols and by that to avoid new tortures.
Nikita has doubted angelic essence of the guest, has prayed to the Lord then to him the archangel Mikhail has descended from heaven and has ordered to put a false angel on trial. Nikita has seized a demon, has stepped on him and has beaten the iron shackles, having forced it to admit the devil nature.

Bludgeon. 13-14 century. By russian (Kisten/Кистень). in a different way is called "volkoboy" - from the Russian pronunciation "to beat wolves". It is a small weight which was suspended on the end of a short lash. He well protected the horse rider from wolves and was the excellent weapon of self-defense. Also rare find.
IMG-1470335914338-V.jpg
2114341.jpg
nahodki-kisten-2-10.jpg
nahodki-kisten-2-9.jpg

When I found it, I danced for pleasure, and people from cars on the road looked at the strange person who with a shovel in a hand dances in the field. :)))

And some fotos of this place
IMG_20160804_102611.jpgIMG_20160804_102603.jpg

If you have questions of my finds and of my country, you can ask me, I with pleasure will answer.
And excuse for my English. :)

Upvote 113
Voted banner...the relics combined with the back story...GREAT stuff...thank you..."I danced for pleasure, and people from cars on road looked at the strange person who with a shovel in his hand dances in the field"
...omg...awesome stuff.. worthy of a separate banner... Great post, thx for sharing...ddf

Congratulations on a great assortment of relics. Love the volkoboy. That is cool. The religious item is outstanding. Good condition on both items. Thank you for sharing these items and explaining them in detail. I say banner.

Congratulations on your move. I have never seen a volkoboy posted on here before. Interesting weapon for defense. The photos are beautiful ! Hope you can hunt it again.

Last edited:
2 Excellent finds, I love the Icon!

Outstanding!!! Those are rare, indeed............Congratulations on such historic relics.
Would love to see the dance............

Great finds!

Sweet relics, :icon_thumright: keep them coming... :occasion14:

Icon is amazing!! Love that wolf beater! Please show us more for non coin items are the real treasure, big congrats!!!

Killer finds that we will never have the pleasure to dig in the USA. Awesome and thank you for sharing and the explanations.

Congratulations on some great finds!....you would make a great hunting buddy for all detectorists...
Your excitement and enthusiasm is great to see.

Nice finds! I want to come visit.

Your humble enthusiasm, deeply interesting finds, and command of English all make this one of my favorite posts in a long time. Спасибо большой, и не пука не пера!

Thanks for your interest in my message and responses about my finds. I will try to show you my finds often as far as it is possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back