White's V3I,White's xlt,Fisher F4,Tesoro Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• IMG_0051.jpeg
    IMG_0051.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
Upvote 10
Followed someone who previously had hunted the area. They didn’t fill in one hole and there were lots of holes.
Did you repair them?
Often what happens is a skunk or coon will dig out a plug looking for grubs.
It's happened to me a few times, and actually watched one digging my plug out, right in the front yard.

Then again there's the folks that just are not too informed to the simple ethics of the hobby.

Nice finds !

One person not filling their holes in can get everyone bounced out of the area.
I've seen this happen at a few Parks and other Public sites.
Plus the fact it's very bad public relations for the hobby.

But, as Pepperj already mentioned -
on return hunts - I've also seen my own plugs that were dug up by animals many times.

Nice finds !

One person not filling their holes in can get everyone bounced out of the area.
I've seen this happen at a few Parks and other Public sites.
Plus the fact it's very bad public relations for the hobby.

But, as Pepperj already mentioned -
on return hunts - I've also seen my own plugs that were dug up by animals many times.
The nugget hunters using expensive powerful PI detectors are the worst violators in my area. They will go on public land and dig a 3-foot diameter x 2-foot deep hole and walk away after digging up their tin can or buried trash.

After a year or so of them detecting on weekends, the place ends up looking like a battlefield in Ukraine.

I’ve seen that practice defended here.

Some tresspassers go after dark and do not fill holes. They are like modern day grave robbers: dig at night, get the item and run.

maybe next time you can catch them in the act and set them straight

Followed someone who previously had hunted the area. They didn’t fill in one hole and there were lots of holes.
Good finds.
Unfilled holes are very common here on our goldfields. I gave up on kicking their dirt back in as if I did thats all id do.

Good finds.
Unfilled holes are very common here on our goldfields. I gave up on kicking their dirt back in as if I did thats all id do.
They didn’t have a grandpa growing up setting them straight. Either that or the fever and greed got the best of them. I vote for the prior,

They didn’t have a grandpa growing up setting them straight. Either that or the fever and greed got the best of them. I vote for the prior,
They are pathetic here mate. They think nothing of doing wrong. And is why im here and not on any Aussie forums. Here's good. 👍

Great finds and garbage clean up.

Could have just as well been some old
coinage there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back