ROLEX FOUND!

TreasureHead

Aug 12, 2013
Orlando FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a long day of crappy signals, battling thorns, roots and stickers, and even getting stung by a bee, this find made up for it! The last singal of the day:
A Genuine Submariner Rolex!!!!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

To me it's priceless, but in this condition what sort of monetary value does it hold?

2013-06-06 12.50.47.jpg

Other finds:

Another love token and arcade token spill
2013-06-06 12.51.22.jpg

2013-06-06 12.51.29.jpg2013-06-06 12.51.36.jpg
2013-06-06 12.51.54.jpg

Thanks for looking HH8-)8-)8-)

Upvote 10
A Submariner is Stainless Steel that won't corrode. I have a base Oyster that was given to me by my uncle who was a Merchant Mariner. Even with a cut to fit crystal (he broke his crystal in Turkey) and time at sea, there was no corrosion. When the jeweler repaired it (a lot of $$$ to fix, worth $700 to $800), he said that if it hadn't been a Rolex it wouldn't have worked.

Looking at the corrosion on the stem and case, I believe yours was plated.

Last edited:
just tell me if the bezel moves in one direction or both...that will tell you if it is a reproduction...it should lock and only turn clockwise...if it turns both ways then it is a fake....good luck though...

Gary

Hope its genuine!!!!
good find if it is!!

I'm waiting in earnest to find out if the OP Rolex is real or not . In my opinion [as an everyday guy] the metal around the tail cap looks way too corded , even for top quality stainless . ALSO Just look @ the BANNER Pocket Watch & it;s cond, & it was buried much longer, nevertheless I hope the OPs is the real deal ,if not for parts sake at least.

ROLEX UPDATE!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury...The veterans were right....It is, in fact, FAKE FAKE FAKE:BangHead:

No matter, because one things for sure, I will never forget this find and the great suspense it brought to my life - at least it provided a lifelong memory.

I didn't want to get too worked up about the watch in case it was fake, but I'm not going to lie, when the watch smith told me it was fake it sure did STING:-X!! It lit a fire in me, right after I left the store I grabbed my Compadre and head for the woods.. These finds sure lessened the pain - 1916 Merc :happy11:
and what I presume may be a super old button (maybe the oldest thing I've ever found). Anyone know the true era of the button?

2013-06-07 12.18.18.jpg2013-06-07 12.18.31.jpg
2013-06-07 12.18.45.jpg

Thanks again for all your guidance and interest, HH and God Bless!

Last edited:
No worries - get out there and find plenty more stuff!!!

Nice to see a Big Man come clean too - would have been easy to say otherwise - good on you!! :thumbsup:

Hey, :hello:

Don't worry about it... :dontknow: I never get excited over a find until I'm sure its the real deal. This way I'm not so heartbroken when I find out its a fake and more happy when I find out its real. :icon_thumright: Understand that more fakes than real treasure will be uncovered... Just keep faith and keep digging and you never know... You just may dig a real one some day. :headbang: Already I see your back out looking for more, good job !! :thumbsup: Oh, its not a button its a hem-weight used to hold down dresses and sometimes curtains... Maybe late 1800's early 1900's

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Last edited:
The watch is still a great find and a nice display piece! The "button" is in fact a hem weight. They are nice to find....MUD provided the correct info on the weight. Great find on the 1916 Merc BTW!!

I already see the other thread saying that it's a repro.

A few clues:
-Rusty stainless steel
-The individual links are rolled flat metal and not milled solid pieces
-The last link adjacent to the watch body isn't even close to the real thing
-The '10' on the bezel is gapped too far away from the crystal
-The single glow dot on the bezel is entirely contained within the triangle...a genuine model has the dot so low on the triangle that it is partially outside the lines of the triangle
-18K on a SS copy
-The number font on the bezel is wrong
-The hash marks for the first 10 minutes are too bold on the bezel

Last edited:
This is the Rolex i found back in March in the ocean and as you can see its beat and it is a confirmed real Rolex so just because it looks beat doesnt mean its a fake I really thought this was a fake also I still think you found an awesome find congrats

Nice find. I found a carnival token today.

I FOUND A FAKE SUBMARINER IN THE OCEAN -AND IT DID NOT LOOK THAT BAD
BUT YOU NEVER KNOW - GET IT CHECKED FOR SURE
fakerolex.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back