ROLEX FOUND!

TreasureHead

Aug 12, 2013
Orlando FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a long day of crappy signals, battling thorns, roots and stickers, and even getting stung by a bee, this find made up for it! The last singal of the day:
A Genuine Submariner Rolex!!!!:hello2::hello2::hello2:

To me it's priceless, but in this condition what sort of monetary value does it hold?

2013-06-06 12.50.47.jpg

Other finds:

Another love token and arcade token spill
2013-06-06 12.51.22.jpg

2013-06-06 12.51.29.jpg2013-06-06 12.51.36.jpg
2013-06-06 12.51.54.jpg

Thanks for looking HH8-)8-)8-)

Upvote 10
great find. doubtful it holds much value any more though. at least you can tell everyone you own a rolex

Sweet find, not too many buy those...let alone find them...Congrats

Hi,
But if that is tarnish or flaking on the Submariner than I don't think its real it takes allot to damage the casing of a Rolex. sorry if I'm wrong but I think its a reproduction...

Are you sure its legit? I've never even seen one, that I know of....

Keep @ it and HH !!

I'm not familiar with watches and can't be sure but back says ROLEX GENIVE SWISS MADE 18K &%) No. 8833

Here's a few close-ups

2013-06-06 13.18.42.jpg2013-06-06 13.19.23.jpg2013-06-06 13.20.18.jpg

Could someone estimate it's value as is. I looked up Rolexes on ebay and parts alone were going for a pretty penny.
I'll be taking to a watch maker tomorrow for an evaluation.

Let us know what you find out -- something doesn't look right about the corrosion on the back, but then again I don't own a Rolex. Looks a bit toasted, but I wish you luck in it being the real thing. Perhaps it can be repaired if it is. What type of environment did you find it in? Water? Cool find regardless!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I'm sorry, :sadsmiley:

I just don't see the quality of a genuine Rolex in this piece.... :icon_scratch: I could be entirely wrong but, I don't think I am... :dontknow: Please let us know what the watch smith says... :notworthy:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

That's a very cool find. I hope it's real, please keep us posted.
ZDD

My camera is poor quality (if this things real maybe I can get a new one nyuck nyuck) but the writing on the back in indeed legible, faded, but legible - it's just hard to tell in the photo.

The watch was found in a very overgrown area in the forest. The location looks as though it could get rather marshy after a long rain. It was about 3 inches down and could have been there for quite some time.

I will certainly fill you guys when I know more. Thanks again for your interest.

There are a lot of fakes that say geniune Rolex, I know, I own one...... It does not look like a rolex, too much tarnish.... Check the magnifier over the date, does it actually magnifiy the number....18 k would not be damaged like that one is....

Sorry, but from your pictures I highly suspect it is another fake....

It does magnify the number.

Did some reseach, I guess this model is reproduced more then any other - that scares me. I'll know the verdit tomorrow!

Either way it was exciting to find this, and very hard to drive home with it in my hand :wink:

Last edited:
hi,
Thanks for the good pics but if that was an 18k gold case there is noway to have that much damage.... its not real again I will apology in advance if its real but doubtful take my word it would be an great find.

Maybe the 18K is referring to other pieces on the watch. There are parts that have no tarnish at all.

I definitely take all your advice into consideration, thank you.

I thought maybe it was in the Ocean... If it was in the ocean then it "may" get some build up on it and "maybe" get a little damaged... You say it was in the forest ? Then NO WAY is it genuine..!! Rolex don't leak, don't corrode the crystal won't crack... They are just to well made to become so damaged from just sitting in the forest... You'll get umm next time !! :thumbsup:

PS: I'll eat a steak if I'm wrong. :laughing7:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

I doubt a real Rolex case would corrode like that . A friend of mine found one the band was gone but the watch itself still worked . He had it redone and wears it . Rolex does not put anything on the back of the case it's just plain . Still a cool find !

For myself I would have expected a Rolex to hold up better than that under most soil conditions, but that's merely my impression from reputation as opposed to personal experience with one. Definitely let us know what you find out.

Hi There. Aways interested in possible Rolex finds. I agree with the others. There are alot of fakes out there from the total obvious crap you can buy at the grand bizaar in Istanbul (that lasts one day ) to the very nicely done repros coming out of China lately. I have had both. My Chinese repro was called Sea Dweller. It looked like real nicely done one which I found in dry sand here in So Cal a few years ago. I so wanted it to be real. If it had probably would have been worth $4-5k. Took it to a Rolex jeweler said it was obvious fake to him. Never really worked until I took it to another watch person who put some working innards in it. Wore if for a while but a pin just came out of one link on the band. Another bad sign. Part of Rolex charm is the quality of workmanship and have asimilar reputation for long lasting as the Timex watches. Posted a pic of mine a while back here on Tnet

I would guess a fake. Like others have said it would have held up better even if water would have gotten into the watch. To my knowledge the only way (unless it is a very old Sub) water would get into the a genuine Sub would be throught the "winder" if it was open when submerged. I guess the back plate also but I highly doubht it. The black dial looks off too. I could be wrong. I am only familiar with Submariners within the last 20 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back