Rocky mountain high-John Denver

My favorite John Denver songs: Calypso, Leavin' On A Jet Plane, Andromeda (Welcome to My Morning), Thank God I'm A Country Boy and others. Saturday Night in Toledo, Ohio is a kick, as well as Forest Lawn. If you haven't heard Forest Lawn, YOU MUST! Hard to say whether the tone is more sarcastic or sardonic.

Yes I like it, I'm a big John Denver fan :wink: Take Me Home country Roads is my favorite

\

.....strange.....

I listened to many of his songs today while at work....YouTube....and then I come home to relax..
and this is posted....Hmmm?

Crap no, we're sick and tired of that song up here. Just kiddin. I grew up about 30 miles from the town where his grandparents lived in Oklahoma, but never saw him or had any interest in him really. I came to hate that Rocky Mountain high song cause it seemed like it played all the time. Then I was exiled to Colorado, where I thought I would here it even more constantly. Strangely enough, you don't hear it that much up here, but it is the unofficial state song. Once I was up here, I got the song better. We rode over to Dillon last year to the John Adams tribute to John Denver. The guy is good, and it was pleasant and enjoyable, and I liked the music. Caveat--I'm a fool for live music, and encourage everyone to see a live band, no matter what the genre. But no, I ain't bought his albums. Rocky Mountain Way by Joe Walsh is slightly higher on the cooler scale. (Perfect, a Texan doin a song about Colorado and not mentioning failing to yield for me in the crosswalk.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back