Rock or Native American artifact?

Becky12

May 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in washington state. This was found on my property. Not really sure what it is. I call it my petrified cantaloupe. Seeing as how that is about the size of the rock. Any help would be great.
Thanks image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
I live in washington state. This was found on my property. Not really sure what it is. I call it my petrified cantaloupe. Seeing as how that is about the size of the rock. Any help would be great.
ThanksView attachment 1160484 View attachment 1160485

Hi Becky,

Sorry to say, I think what you have there is a rock.
Absolutely everything in nature struggles very very hard to do one of three things, come completely apart until microscopically stable, become perfectly round, or in the case of a Harley Davidson motorcycle, regress back to Iron oxide.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It could be a grindstone from a Metate. Unless you have a river close by then it could just be a river rock.

Upvote 0
It could be a grindstone from a Metate. Unless you have a river close by then it could just be a river rock.

The Columbia river is about 20 miles from my home. We had an old box car sitting on the ground when we tore it down ( it was rotted from sitting on the ground) we found this rock in the dirt. I live in a forested area with a couple of wheat fields. When the neighbor plows his fields he has been known to find arrow heads. We are a little over an hour away from yakima. I know this area was known to have native Americans around at one time. This is why I question this rock.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You're welcome by the way for all our replies and opinions. It's amazing to me how many times somebody submits a first all time ever post seeking opinion or advice without ever so much as an occasional subtle thank you.

Upvote 0
You're welcome by the way for all our replies and opinions. It's amazing to me how many times somebody submits a first all time ever post seeking opinion or advice without ever so much as an occasional subtle thank you.

Yes, thank you all for the great ideas for what this could be. I'm sorry I was slacking. I am a busy person with work, childern and a mini farm. It's much appericated.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back