MS.
Detector(s) used
garrett gta 350

Attachments

• DSC02715.JPG
    DSC02715.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 974
Re: rock or gem ??

is it transparent and really flaky? if so, its probably mica. cant really tell from the picture, but it looks cool ;D

Upvote 0

i know that parts of it are translucent,and it is uncleaned so it's hard to see through.without all the slag it would appear as glass and layerd in about half inch plates the length of it.the weight is 1 lb 3.10 oz

Attachments

• DSC02716.JPG
    DSC02716.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 939
  • DSC02717.JPG
    DSC02717.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 937
Upvote 0

Looks like Citrine. I have found it everywhere, many different kinds :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• citrine.jpg
    citrine.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 934
  • citrine2.jpg
    citrine2.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 931
  • Citrine_4.jpg
    Citrine_4.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,072
Upvote 0

thank you very much,thats a fair assesment to look into,i'm posting another pic so you can see the fractures in the plates..i was hoping it was a gem to ad to my others that i know are gems....

Attachments

• DSC02721.JPG
    DSC02721.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 920
Upvote 0

This is one of those times where I think inperson observation is needed.
It is not feldspar or citrine IMO, I thought Mica until I saw this last picture.
That does look like a crystal like a piece of smokey quartz. Could be a combination
of more than one mineral. Whatever it is it is neat!

mjak

Upvote 0

mjak said:
It is not feldspar or citrine IMO, I thought Mica until I saw this last picture.
That does look like a crystal like a piece of smokey quartz. Could be a combination

mjak

I agree, with the first pics they look like Citrine I find. The last pic looks like Rutilated Smokey Quartz? Maybe more pics after its cleaned really good, and in light, not lit from behind. Take some like the first pics after cleaned.

Upvote 0

trixie charger said:
mjak said:

mjak

I agree, with the first pics they look like Citrine I find. The last pic looks like Rutilated Smokey Quartz? Maybe more pics after its cleaned really good, and in light, not lit from behind. Take some like the first pics after cleaned.
thanks ,i'm not sure how to clean it,it's rather jagged in some places but tough and hard,it's not brittle,any cleaning ideas would be great !!

Upvote 0

that's exactly what i did,it was the only thing i could come up with !! but here is another pic and the slag won't budge but did clean up a little better ...

Attachments

• DSC02737.JPG
    DSC02737.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 831
Upvote 0

more photos !

Attachments

• DSC02741.JPG
    DSC02741.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 808
  • DSC02742.JPG
    DSC02742.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 835
  • DSC02744.JPG
    DSC02744.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 815
Upvote 0

the 1 st pic in the last post,that end that is showing you can almost see through it..it has a milky color inside i can try to make a pic that you can see color in or through that end,there is so much of a crust/slag of some kind on the stone and i can't remove it without some sort of sanding technique. i certainly thank you people for the interest in it,because i have no idea what it could be.i've looked at other sites and could not match any others to it,or even the structural content !! i'm not sure what else to do about being able to see through it as far as a pic is concerned...

Attachments

• DSC02747.JPG
    DSC02747.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 796
Upvote 0

have you found more?? could just be melted glass from a long lost campfire with a conglomerate substance sticking to it,glass was heavy back in the days....or sap that will look like melted glass ,sort of something with a volcanic heat?? sounds like a mystery..

Upvote 0

ok,i'll show you some pics of some wood and the only type i've found there,and a petrified piece of bone part of the spine we think !! i do have some smaller stuff that i'll have to get my hands on !!i don't know what trees had sap during that time period,but anything is possible maybe even a conclusion,but i don't think it's glass due to the structure but there could be a possibility that it was some after effect of melted sap ?? during the heated period ?? idk !!

Attachments

• DSC02750.JPG
    DSC02750.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 760
  • DSC02751.JPG
    DSC02751.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 748
  • DSC02752.JPG
    DSC02752.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 745
  • DSC02753.JPG
    DSC02753.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 751
Upvote 0

sorry ,when i said glass i was thinking of long lost campfires of a meteorite hit ,not glass as we think of it today??

Upvote 0

thats cool,i would assume that there was some sort of melt down in that area but i did not find any evidence of a fire or any thing petrified that was or had been burnt,but this creek is about 10-12 ft deep and probably the same wide,but what i did find,i don't know if you know this but gravel will turn from any color to a deep red when it's exposed to high temperatures and i did find this present in the creek,but it could have done that in a forest fire,or some other form of exposure to high heat..structurally this rock/fossil is put/or fused together in long rectangular/square sheets and the seams are visible with light...i do apologize for any confusion,this site is new to me so bear with me for a conclusion !! lol

Upvote 0

It is definately from supermans "lair of solitude"?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back