RIP Mike Pinder, Moody Blues

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been listening to, and still listen to MB for 60 years now and still listening to them. Started listening in 1964 when I heard "Go Now" on radio.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bucket Lister

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been listening to, and still listen to MB for 60 years now and still listening to them. Started listening in 1964 when I heard "Go Now" on radio.

You've got me by a few years.

They were--by far--my elder sister's favorite group, which was probably my first exposure. Later, her S.O. put all their early albums on a 10" or 12" reel to reel. Seemed like it was always playing there.

In addition to Doc Watson's cover, there are 2 albums known collectively as the Moody Bluegrass project. Pinder is on the 2nd album, along with Hayward, Lodge, Edge, and Thomas.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great video for Graeme Edge's drumming...

Last edited:

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the Moody Blues in Boise, Idaho many years ago and they were fantastic! I always said that their music spoke to my soul.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I saw them at Red Rocks in the late 1980's. We showed there in the AM (back then you could, now not so) and had blankets covering the middle rows on 1st and 2nd row (steps) for all our group to sit. (general admission back then) During the show, if you stood up on the front row, you were standing on the floor and security would make us stand on our step if we wanted to stand, yet everyone else could stand as they were already on a step and crowded the folks in row 2. It pissed my buddy Scott Okeneske off and he spent the next hour or so getting everyone in the first five rows to rush the stage. We did just that and I ended up standing against the rail just before the stage area right in the middle. The look on the security guys faces was interesting as they jumped over the rail and stood between the group and the rail hoping the crowd wasn't going to come over it as well. I looked back to watch the crowd, and everyone moved down half a dozen or so steps (rows). Other than getting a little tight (ok, it got real tight!) against the rail until everyone settled down and quit trying to move closer any longer, very cool experience and a great memory.
Great band, for sure.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Full concert, 1968....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread