Ring

G

goldchuck

Hello, sorry I don't have a pic but I found a large brass men's ring today while metal detecting around the first rock carving I found yesterday. It was 33 ft from the carving. On each side there is a shield with what looks like a lion standing on its back paws and on the top there is a skull with crossbones underneath. I saw this skull on a masonic apron clipart picture. Inside, stamped in very small letters is "MEXIC", I'm assuming it was made in Mexico. Looks old but who knows? Good hunting. Chuck

Upvote 0
OK, here's a couple of pics but poor quality.

Attachments

• skull_ring.jpg
    skull_ring.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 843
  • skull_ring2.jpg
    skull_ring2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 862
What are ya talking about, the quality is clear as can be on this end, nice pics, dude 8) That thing is cool looking and also looks old to me. Nice dig, Goldchuck. Sounds like there may be more stuff around that spot! 8)

Nice ring! I have found a similiar ring made of brass I think also made in mexico. Mine does not have a skull and bones on it however looking at the general construction of the ring it is pretty much identical. Nice find! HH!!

When I first found it the skull and crossbones were not on it but looking at the flat plate I could tell something had been there so I tuned the DFX to relic mode and made a sweep and received a weak signal, picked up a double handful of dirt and slowly worked it out till I found the detached piece but if you look close you will notice (as I just did!) a part of the bones is gone so probably a tiny piece still there. I'll have to go back and try some more. Charlie

It might have somting to do with the day of the dead holyday. but I am not sure I have never seen anything like that before.

Just found one of these today. Pulled out the ring, and notice that appears that the top was missing, and on side of ring was a face. Other side of ring the face was missing. Rescanned the hole, found the top, rescanned again, found the skull/crossbones, rescanned and found the other Face!!!

Very Cool!!!! Can't believe how big this ring is. Will post picture once I get home tonight...

Ok- This is strange, but I found the exact same ring today in a draw while cleaning out some old family members belongings. I had heard that one family member from the past was a high member of the masonic lodge. It must have something to do with this. Going to do some research myself. It does have the same writing as well as the same symbols yours has.

good chance it is a masonic rind the lions are rampant lions a scottish use of the lions and the skull and cross bones not sure i was out mding and found a fraternity pin the the greek e in each corner 3 corners and in the middle a skull and cross bones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back