ring, token and spoon handle

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Photo on 4-3-18 at 8.02 PM.jpgPhoto on 4-3-18 at 8.03 PM.jpgPhoto on 4-3-18 at 8.05 PM.jpgPhoto on 4-3-18 at 8.05 PM #2.jpgPhoto on 4-3-18 at 8.15 PM.jpgPhoto on 4-3-18 at 8.15 PM #2 #2.jpg

first off all of these were found in Spokane Was. The token and pewter spoon handle were found at Governor Hays old house. The token says good for 25c in trade. Pebles cigar store. Any help with age or location would be appreciated.
Second is the pewter spoon handle it looks like a souvenir from some city. Has the court house, high school and other buildings once again any help with id or age.

Third is a silver plated ring would like to know what the symbol is and possible age.

Thanks for any help

MackDog

Nice find, Mack! Henry A. Pebles had a cigar store and billiard hall at N113½Howard in Spokane ca. 1910-15. Your 25¢ denomination is not shown in Erickson's WA Trade Tokens book, nor is it on Tokencatalog. With permission to use your pics and a measurement of the token "across the flats", I'd be happy to post it on tokencatalog.

John in the Great 208

Upvote 0
Nice find, Mack! Henry A. Pebles had a cigar store and billiard hall at N113½Howard in Spokane ca. 1910-15. Your 25¢ denomination is not shown in Erickson's WA Trade Tokens book, nor is it on Tokencatalog. With permission to use your pics and a measurement of the token "across the flats", I'd be happy to post it on tokencatalog.

John in the Great 208

For your constant help, you may alsways use my photos. There were two of these tokens found in the same area. 24 mm almost 2 1/2 centimeters

Upvote 0
Nice work on the token any help on ring or spoon?

Upvote 0
The words start to blur when i zoom in on the spoon. Could you take some clearer pics?

Upvote 0
The words start to blur when i zoom in on the spoon. Could you take some clearer pics?
The one on the right has the Carnegie Library and the courthouse... and look to me to be the ones there in Spokane.
I think the one on the left says High School

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The one on the right has the Carnegie Library and the courthouse... and look to me to be the ones there in Spokane.
I think the one on the left says High School

Any idea of time line?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Mack--please post or pm me photos of the token that isn't cropped. Thanks!
John
For your constant help, you may alsways use my photos. There were two of these tokens found in the same area. 24 mm almost 2 1/2 centimeters

Upvote 0
Photo on 4-8-18 at 8.02 PM.jpgPhoto on 4-8-18 at 8.03 PM.jpg

Upvote 0
is there any other writing on the ring ? I believe the text is an Armenian love symbol, though it shares a lot of similarities with kanji, and and may be an asian symbol. it bears similarities to the letter meaning eternal, but is a little different.

Upvote 0
is there any other writing on the ring ? I believe the text is an Armenian love symbol, though it shares a lot of similarities with kanji, and and may be an asian symbol. it bears similarities to the letter meaning eternal, but is a little different.

No other writing since it’s really worn. Thanks for any help or guesses

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back