RING RING, I FOUND A DANDY

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After at least a week long ring dry spell, I came home depressed and irritated, and, in need of some hunt time. Bound and determined to find at least a Dollar in clad, I marched and swung the parallel 160 feet to the 160 feet the yielded me $1.23 last night. About half way through this march, there it was, a signal. Happily digging for more clad to add to the $.13 I already pocketed. Still caked in dirt, in the cover of darkness, I'm thinking, "Great, another Bolt, Nut or some other worthless hunk of metal. Until my finger sunk through the middle forming that OH SOO familiar RING shape. I placed it in my pouch and continued to hunt.

This is what I got. 11.02 grams of 14k GOLD. Sweet Gold. And boy does my wife love it when I bring home rings.
Finger.JPG
This makes 23 rings YTD. Two Gold, Seven Silver.

Last edited:
Upvote 13
Anytime. One thing I did do waaaaay back when I first got this was to buy the 10 inch coil. Made quite a difference in depth.

Here's to your grandfather's memory.

:occasion14:

Well, now I'm going to need a bigger coil. Hopefully one is still available. but also, for Gold, from what I've read, smaller coils are suppose to be better. Another Challenge. Woo Hoo.

To Grandpa. :occasion14:

Nice find indeed!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back