Ricks Searches

Right...Now that you told me, I recall hearing that on "Treehouse Masters" when they were trimming a large tree in California. Glad you're okay.

Thank you ! Took it easy today back on the trail tomorrow!

1 Box Brinks nickels Dateless Buff and a 1942P Silver war along with 50 pre 61 coins.

Happy Hunting All !!

Will be stopping CRH for the week end, My car overheated and blew the bleeder housing, hopefully they fix it tomorrow at the shop.

Last edited:
Got a brinks box of nickels today 1 1920P Buff, 1944P War and 45 pre 61. My bankroll took a hit but I will just be doing nickels till I build it up again. Without selling Silver.
Image232.jpgImage233.jpgImage234.jpgImage235.jpg

Happy Hunting All !!

Yesterday 50.00 CR Halves Skunk
got a box of nickels from BOA Garda but it was a dump nothing left in them. Who opens a box then re-rolls them in the same roll, all facing in one direction ?

Today got a box of Brinks nickels one War 1943S, along with 52 pre 61. Got a 2015D NIFC half from a teller tray gave it to my niece.

Happy Hunting All !!!

20.00 halves skunk
Box of brinks nickels 2 buffs 1920P, 1924P, 44 pre 61 nickels includes 1954P w full steps, 2x 1955P with full steps

Image238.jpgImage239.jpgImage240.jpgImage241.jpgImage242.jpgImage243.jpgImage244.jpgImage245.jpgImage246.jpgImage247.jpg

Happy Hunting All !!

Looks like you do a lot of nickels. Is there any reason you search those instead of quarters and dimes? I enjoy your log. Happy hunting.

Looks like you do a lot of nickels. Is there any reason you search those instead of quarters and dimes? I enjoy your log. Happy hunting.

I started a nickel folder as it's a cheap way to start, Have 2 folders going now one is 4 nickels shy of filled the other is 7 shy. Also I can upgrade coins as I find them with better grades. I do halves as I can, till I have to use the money for bills, expenses or whatever. Dimes and Quarters are easy to get but have been picked over pretty hard, not saying never just haven't started a folder yet. Wheats, Nickels, and Halves folders are filling up nicely.

Thank you for your interest ! What are you collecting ?

Thanks for the reply. I started with halves, but have moved to everything else. I rotate thru pennies, nickels, dimes, quartes and halves, then start back at pennies again. I have never heard of anyone asking for boxes of large dollars. Do you know if anyone does that, and if not, why?

Thanks again for the log, it is interesting to me. I've thought of starting my own, but I don't have the time to do it well right now. Someday.

Happy hunting.

Thanks for the reply. I started with halves, but have moved to everything else. I rotate thru pennies, nickels, dimes, quartes and halves, then start back at pennies again. I have never heard of anyone asking for boxes of large dollars. Do you know if anyone does that, and if not, why?

Thanks again for the log, it is interesting to me. I've thought of starting my own, but I don't have the time to do it well right now. Someday.

Happy hunting.

I don't know about large dollar boxes, would be afraid they'd get those crappy bronze dollars. I may back off nickels as they have been tougher this past week. When you do start give me a heads up I'll visit, like, and comment all over it.

Happy Hunting !

84. machine wrapped brinks 1936P buff and 20 pre 61. War nickels have been drying up.

Happy Hunting All !!

Garda box of Nickels No War, but a no date Buff in the box, Also an AU proof 1962, and near AU 1977S 30 pre 61 Jefferson's

WP_20150526_22_32_58_Pro.jpg

Happy Hunting All !!!

Love those older proofs! Looks like you're doing pretty good. I too search nickels primarily. Started the same way you did with a folder. Happy Hunting!

Thank You James !

Today got 96.00 CR nickels 33 pre 61 no war, no buffs, a 1938D showed up though so that's a win. Also a clean 1940P.
8.00 cr pennies 1943P ,1912P,along with these 2. 1942D, 1946P.

Image252.jpgImage253.jpgImage254.jpgImage255.jpgImage256.jpgImage257.jpgImage258.jpgImage259.jpg

Happy Hunting All !!

Picked up 50.00 CR pennies 1920P,1934P,2x 1936P along with 13 other wheats
12.00 CR nickels 5 pre 61 nothing special.

Image265.jpgImage264.jpg

Happy Hunting All !

Looks like you do pretty well with pennies. That's the only denomination I haven't gotten into hunting. Maybe I need to start a folder and pick up some rolls.

Looks like you do pretty well with pennies. That's the only denomination I haven't gotten into hunting. Maybe I need to start a folder and pick up some rolls.

Pennies are Cheap and easy! I only did them because my main bank likes me taking the CR then they don't get charged by brinks taking them. This is why the branch reversed their getting me half's .

40.00 CR Dimes Skunk
9.00 loose halfs Skunk
1.00 cr pennies Skunk

Saw a guy using Coin Star at the Supermarket asked if he'd take a buck for his rejects, Got 16 Foreign, a token, religious medal, and a freaking 1916P Barber Dime !!

2015-05-29 (1).jpg2015-05-29 (2).jpg2015-05-29.jpg

Happy Hunting All !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back