results for 5 boxes of pennies today

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello there,
I picked up five boxes of pennies today($125 worth). A suprize find of the SECOND blank planchet for the year!!! Rest of totals are as follows:

Box 1,2,3 = full boxes of 2008's >:(

Box 4, 5 = 20 wheats(including a 1917)
1 blank planchet (found by wife)
101 canadians :angry5:

That was about it for the day. not to great except for the blank planchet.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Upvote 0
Man, when I go get boxes I ask for "old boxes". The tellers show me a box and ask me if this is an old one. Sometime I forget and they just give me a new box and I just take it because I didn't say what I wanted. I also show them the way to look for "old boxes" I show them the holes on the box and tell them that what I want is a box with some older discolored coins showing. Now for the most part my tellers know what I want right when I come it. This works on penny, nickel, & dime boxes. :thumbsup:

Hey shake don't be upset that those canadians will buy you a crappy cup of coffee on your next trip to toronto.

-Golden silver

golden silver said:
Hey shake don't be upset that those canadians will buy you a crappy cup of coffee on your next trip to toronto.

-Golden silver

I dont worry to much about them becuase I live an hour or so from the border. I am planning on taking a trip there soon and trading them out for dimes or something. I just couldn't believe how many there was in the two boxes.

Also I usually check the top of the boxes when I get them but I was in a hurry and forgot. But it wasnt a real big deal becuase I brought them to my normal dump bank which I usually bring coins in loose becuase they have a coin machine and they just traded them out for boxes from there vault. I rarely ever have gotten solid date boxes before. but oh well its part of the game.

Thanks,
Jason

My last three solid date boxes were taken to the local coin shops and used to buy merchandise. Two of the three allowed me $30 in store credit for the $25 box. The third one showed me he already had three boxes but I spent them anyway for suplies I needed. Worth asking. siegfried schlagrule

TXTim said:
Weigh the box before opening.
14 lbs. = skunk.

Interesting approach Tim.

The thought being the "Zincolns" weigh less than the copper Lincolns; and if it's 14lbs it's full of "Zincolns".

Cool. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back