Remember when you were young

Remember?

no

Actually, they could have had more pics of the ladies.
linda.jpg

Linda was a doll!

rmptr

No Don Jose... Not a maniac...

I used to ride a lot, but never been much of a horseman.
Had Apaloosas for a number of years... and one lone Morgan, Chester.

Actually, when watching that clip from MG I recognized quite a few of those Hollywood cowpokes.

They really should have had more of the ladies, though.

mo.jpg

and

Yvonne_DeCarlo_2.jpg

Personally, a thread of ladies in Westerns would be a heck of a lot more fun for me! ;D

Best
rmptr

I was very lucky when I was a little kid I got to meet Smiley Burnett and sit next to him during the rodeo ( there was a reunion of the 101 Oldtimers Assoc.) cowboys and girls from the 101 ranch and show where they made the very first westerns, I also at the rodeo got to meet Rex Allen we did trick roping for him he was also very nice! Lash LaRue was here for a Cherokee Strip Celebration and my daught and I both got to have him use awhip to get a playing card out of our hand. When I was in grade school during the Ponca Pow Wow they had brought in Jay Silverheels He was sooooo tall to me!

James Garner was here but, I did not get to meet him the closest I got was the Centinel Parade last year in OKC.

And Ken Curtis was here for a paraed Milburn Stone was suposed to come but he had a heart attack and was unable to attened, at the last performance I was waiting for the autographs to start and they anounced KC had to leave they had a plane waiting on him and he rode Ruth to the plane and left I started to cry, but a family friend handed me a program he had autographed for me the night before it helped but ....

Those were the ones I was sooooo lucky to meet, I wish I could have met more of my heros!

Its alright Nick I went and was looking for something along these lines to show the ladies of the movies After all they helped make the west cowboys kinda needed them ;D

mental granny said:
Its alright Nick I went and was looking for something along these lines to show the ladies of the movies After all they helped make the west cowboys kinda needed them ;D

Rusty, 'Yo ho, Rinty, did not need the ladies.

[attach =1]

Heroic German shepherd dog Rin Tin Tin ('Yo ho, Rinty!) and his young orphaned master, Rusty, sole survivors of an 'Injun' raid on a wagon train are found by members of the Fighting Blue Devils of the 101st. Cavalry. Brought back to Fort Apache, Arizona, they are officially adopted by Lieutentant Rip Masters (James L Brown) and made honorary troopers - Rusty is commissioned a corporal and Rin Tin Tin a private.

:wink: ;D

all have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

Attachments

• rintin1.jpg
    rintin1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 212
Yes I do remember Rin Tin Tin, Shermanville!

Man alive! There were LOTS of german shepherds around back then!
Seems like there were 3 or 4 on every block in the whole town!

Good dogs.
I think popularity of different breeds comes and goes.

Best
rmptr

...another of my personal favorites...

pettycoat.jpg

;D

...wait a moment! that didn't come out right! :icon_scratch:
let me try THIS one...

Attachments

• petticoatbw.JPG
    petticoatbw.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 248
What was that little dogs name ?

I loved Rin Tin Tin too and Bullett and Trigger and Fury and Black Beauty and Scar and Nellie Belle ;D

Always referred to as 'dog'... doncha member?
His name was 'Higgins', though. He later became 'Benji'.

Here's a clip.

Higgins had a close rapport with the actor Edgar Buchanan, who played Uncle Joe Carson on Petticoat Junction. In the official cast pictures taken each year during the run of Petticoat Junction, it is Buchanan who is shown holding or petting Higgins. Buchanan guest-starred on 17 episodes of the sitcom Green Acres, and it was in one of these appearances that Higgins guest-starred as well. Buchanan's last film was Benji, which was also the last film that Higgins made. The two actors had an obvious fondness for one another, which is especially clear in Benji, because the movie's naturalistic pacing allowed them to interact as friends rather than requiring that Higgins perform a specific trick for Buchanan to react to.

pettycast.jpg

But now that we strayed, and 'Green Acres' is brought up...

Fred Ziffle's pig, Arnold, is one of my favorite movie characters from the farm kingdom!

But I don't think a farm is necessarily western, is it?

;D
rmptr

It doesn't matter western or not The title is Remember when you were young (younger)

rmptr said:
...another of my personal favorites...

;D

Me too.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Jay

Here GPURS... and Saturna

fredziffel.jpg

Doris and Fred Ziffel​

arnold1.jpg

Arnold doing his RCA pose​

Now ain't he a great lookin' swine?

Best
rmptr

Tom Mix's horse was "Tony"; Tex Ritter"s horse "White Flash"; Cisco Kid's horse "Diablo"; Dale Evens horse
was Buttermilk. And there was everybody"s favorite dog, "Lassie" Does anyone remember the dog, "Yukon King"
with "Sargent Preston Of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police"?

No! I don't remember an RCMP dog!

Do you have a pic of the Yukon King?

Lassie was fine... but my favorite dog was

oldyeller_l.jpg

Had to put him down. Sniff!​

Gosh that was a tear jerker!
rmptr

No I don't have a pic of Yukon King. I used to listen to him on the radio. Great stories. Really thrilling to a youngster.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back