Relic dump keeps giving up the treasures again.

DetectorGuy73

Sep 18, 2022
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Minelab 540 and Nokta Pinpointer.
20231211_183015.jpg

Well another day at relic dump giving up some items.

Upvote 13
Nice. That looks like a Victrola phonograph cabinet key. I found one of those keys at a beach of all places.

Nice. That looks like a Victrola phonograph cabinet key. I found one of those keys at a beach of all places.
Very nice. The older guy who lives across from park. Said there was A 1960 house that sat there. The key really backs up his story for real. I look it up to get A year maybe.

Very nice. The older guy who lives across from park. Said there was A 1960 house that sat there. The key really backs up his story for real. I look it up to get A year maybe.
Congrats on the key recovery.

I'm a tad confused as how does the older guys story back up the age of the key?
Was the house there until 1960 or the house was 1960?

Victorian era was from 1837-1901

Congrats on the key recovery.

I'm a tad confused as how does the older guys story back up the age of the key?
Was the house there until 1960 or the house was 1960?

Victorian era was from 1837-1901
Only thing iI know that Fulton, il was founded in 1832. But since I been detected at this park seems to be relic items bring founds than coins. I guess that why love this hobby too much. Never know what under the ground in areas. Also was told by some older people here. There was A railroad that ran through the park. I can only go by people who lived here longer. This is my second year here.

Only thing iI know that Fulton, il was founded in 1832. But since I been detected at this park seems to be relic items bring founds than coins. I guess that why love this hobby too much. Never know what under the ground in areas. Also was told by some older people here. There was A railroad that ran through the park. I can only go by people who lived here longer. This is my second year here.
Just to understand the older guy said that house stood till 1960?

Probably if you went to the library or got access to an older map system it would show the R/R and hte older home site in the park.
Mapping is a great tool in the research of opening up the possibilities of older sites.
That's what makes this hobby so great is getting a recovery that predates what was known to have been there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back