Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I finished up detecting the 1800’s house that I’ve been to 5 or 6 times.
I told the owner I would make her a relic display if I found enough goodies.
I love making these things anyways.
So here is what I came up with. I usually give away more than I keep as you can see. These Riker cases aren’t cheap anymore. I think this size is now about $20. 😭
I only kept the 1858 Seated Half dime and one Merc dime for myself.

That’s all Folks!
MM

Attachments

• IMG_5911.jpeg
    IMG_5911.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 228
Upvote 38
very nicely put together.

I am sure anyone presented with such a display would appreciate the time and effort.

that would be a generous gesture and the owner may tell others thereby spreading the potential of new opportunities for the metal detectorist.

very nicely put together.

I am sure anyone presented with such a display would appreciate the time and effort.

that would be a generous gesture and the owner may tell others thereby spreading the potential of new opportunities for the metal detectorist.
Thank you. That's what I'm hoping too. I always give them my card too hoping they can refer me to someone else. :icon_thumright:
MM

So I finished up detecting the 1800’s house that I’ve been to 5 or 6 times.
I told the owner I would make her a relic display if I found enough goodies.
I love making these things anyways.
So here is what I came up with. I usually give away more than I keep as you can see. These Riker cases aren’t cheap anymore. I think this size is now about $20. 😭
I only kept the 1858 Seated Half dime and one Merc dime for myself.

That’s all Folks!
MM
Good job! :thumbsup:
That will be the land owner's real treasure...!
Hard to keep things from sliding around under the glass....!
What did you use, glue for the smaller or thinner objects...?

Good job! :thumbsup:
That will be the land owner's real treasure...!
Hard to keep things from sliding around under the glass....!
What did you use, glue for the smaller or thinner objects...?
I have a large roll of glue dots. They work great at holding things in place, and they are easily removed from the relics, coins, etc.

I have a large roll of glue dots. They work great at holding things in place, and they are easily removed from the relics, coins, etc.
Good idea! Thanks!
A fellow has to have several "tools" at hand, to accomplish what the display should show off, in an artsy, sort-of-way....! Can I still use duct tape...?? :laughing7:
I use what I already have at home.....But, I'm learning from guys like you....!
I'll bookmark your post, if you don't mind...!
Thanks again!

Good idea! Thanks!
A fellow has to have several "tools" at hand, to accomplish what the display should show off, in an artsy, sort-of-way....! Can I still use duct tape...?? :laughing7:
I use what I already have at home.....But, I'm learning from guys like you....!
I'll bookmark your post, if you don't mind...!
Thanks again!
You can also use a clear silicone base glue if it’s a display you plan on hanging on the wall. That stuff holds strong and can be removed if needed.
I have a relic display I made about 15 years ago as my “salesman sampler” to show potential property owners when I go door knocking. 👍

Very nice display :) Thanks for the IDEA :) I like the house in the picture also. I assume that was stuff you found from that home ?

Very nice display :) Thanks for the IDEA :) I like the house in the picture also. I assume that was stuff you found from that home ?
Yep, all of that was from that house. I had to keep the seated Liberty half dime for myself since I never found one of those. 👍
MM

You can also use a clear silicone base glue if it’s a display you plan on hanging on the wall. That stuff holds strong and can be removed if needed.
I have a relic display I made about 15 years ago as my “salesman sampler” to show potential property owners when I go door knocking. 👍
Another good idea!
I need to spend more time in a hardware store, huh?
Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2324.jpeg
    IMG_2324.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1966.jpeg
    IMG_1966.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 747.jpeg
    747.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1972.jpeg
    IMG_1972.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5882.jpeg
    IMG_5882.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
Yep, all of that was from that house. I had to keep the seated Liberty half dime for myself since I never found one of those. 👍
MM
I have seen other peoples finds displays also. It is A neat idea . Yours DOES NOT HAVE to take a second seat to ANYONE'S I have seen NICE JOB !!1

I have seen other peoples finds displays also. It is A neat idea . Yours DOES NOT HAVE to take a second seat to ANYONE'S I have seen NICE JOB !!1
Thank you so much Gare. My high school art classes paid off . lol.

Here are a few more I made years ago. One is my “salesman sampler” that I show to prospective property owners to give them an idea what kind of relics I dug.
The other one is a Western themed display I made for an American Indian wars buckle and bullet I dug years ago.
Sorry for the glare.
MM

Attachments

• IMG_5942.jpeg
    IMG_5942.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5943.jpeg
    IMG_5943.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5939.jpeg
    IMG_5939.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5940.jpeg
    IMG_5940.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Nice. I have a new relic case to put together from the 1740's home site. And some non dug 18th century buttons need to go in another one. Maybe tomorrow.

Nice. I have a new relic case to put together from the 1740's home site. And some non dug 18th century buttons need to go in another one. Maybe tomorrow.
Great thing to do when we aren’t detecting Smokey. 👍

Sitting on couch - new hobby! Just scared off a pair of HUGE raccoons loitering outside.

Thank you. That's what I'm hoping too. I always give them my card too hoping they can refer me to someone else. :icon_thumright:
MM
So glad there's others detectorist like you out there paying it forward like this, well done! I got invited to this past thanksgiving to display finds to 3 generations at an 1850s farm. No silver but lots of flat buttons, buckles, old coins, civil war token, and iron farm junk. Well done MM.

That’s an awesome idea as a “ thank you “ to the property owner. They may even show off their newly found treasures to their friends and drum up some new properties for you explore!

Sitting on couch - new hobby! Just scared off a pair of HUGE raccoons loitering outside.
We had this furry fellow out front a few days ago.

Attachments

• SavedClip89229276095.mp4
    1.7 MB
So glad there's others detectorist like you out there paying it forward like this, well done! I got invited to this past thanksgiving to display finds to 3 generations at an 1850s farm. No silver but lots of flat buttons, buckles, old coins, civil war token, and iron farm junk. Well done MM.
Thanks Bottlecap. I bet that family loved seeing your relics. Folks are usually amazed at the things we recover.
If I had a dollar for every time I’ve heard “you won’t find anything, there’s nothing in my yard”. 😀

Happy hunting,
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back