Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I finished up detecting the 1800’s house that I’ve been to 5 or 6 times.
I told the owner I would make her a relic display if I found enough goodies.
I love making these things anyways.
So here is what I came up with. I usually give away more than I keep as you can see. These Riker cases aren’t cheap anymore. I think this size is now about $20. 😭
I only kept the 1858 Seated Half dime and one Merc dime for myself.

That’s all Folks!
MM

Attachments

• IMG_5911.jpeg
    IMG_5911.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 228
Upvote 38
So I finished up detecting the 1800’s house that I’ve been to 5 or 6 times.
I told the owner I would make her a relic display if I found enough goodies.
I love making these things anyways.
So here is what I came up with. I usually give away more than I keep as you can see. These Riker cases aren’t cheap anymore. I think this size is now about $20. 😭
I only kept the 1858 Seated Half dime and one Merc dime for myself.

That’s all Folks!
MM
Very cool display. Is that a silver watch case(?) with Dec 1776 stamped on it?

Very nice. Neat idea for permission owners.
I’ve made a lot of them over the years.
Let’s face it. Most of the relics aren’t of any real value, but when you put them all together, they make a beautiful display. 👍
MM

I'll bet she was delighted to have that history. Very generous of you.
She has a young son about 8 or 9. He is really into the military she said. I made him a small display with a WW1 eagle button, CW bullet, Vietnam pin, lead soldier, etc.
He loved it! 😀

Was this all found at the house in the picture?
Yep. I actually had a few more things but I couldn’t fit it all.
I detected another house close by back in 2014 and wrote a story, “The Yard of Plenty”, for Western & Eastern Treasures magazine. That yard was FULL of relics, coins, jewelry, and two “Daughters of the Confederacy” Civil War medals.
I couldn’t believe it!!! The lady owner lived in NY and didn’t want anything, it was just a small little house in a less desirable area too. One of the best yards I’ve ever detected. You just never know.
MM

Yep. I actually had a few more things but I couldn’t fit it all.
I detected another house close by back in 2014 and wrote a story, “The Yard of Plenty”, for Western & Eastern Treasures magazine. That yard was FULL of relics, coins, jewelry, and two “Daughters of the Confederacy” Civil War medals.
I couldn’t believe it!!! The lady owner lived in NY and didn’t want anything, it was just a small little house in a less desirable area too. One of the best yards I’ve ever detected. You just never know.
MM
That's true you don't realize that a place can be the best hunt or or most memorable one

Thanks everyone for the replies. I just dropped off the display. Her and her son couldn’t stop looking at it. She LOVED it. That was a very productive yard. 👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back