Recent water finds including a purple Civil War buckle

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some of my recent river finds. It's been a while since I've taken to the water, but 'tis the season I suppose...

Here is a shot of one days finds. Notice how the belt buckle has a weird purple patina. It's a first for me!

P5010001.JPG

Close up of the belt buckle

P5010050.JPG

Here is a bunch of what I thought was pure copper rods. I felt rich! I hauled them out and there must have been at least 150 pounds! Turns out they are copper coated iron and thus pretty much worthless :tongue3:

P5030012.JPG

Next up is a shoe buckle, and a big one it at that!

P5080001.JPG

I also found this large cent on the surface. It's always a pleasant surprise when you don't have to dig.

P5030001.JPG

Here is a link to a short video I made of me digging the belt buckle if you are interested.

Thanks for checking out the post!

Upvote 0
Great finds! especially that US buckle- got my first a few weeks ago! I really liked the video too, the underwater shots were really cool! I look forward to seeing another one of your videos :thumbsup:

Awesome finds and sweeeeet US buckle and in great shape with some gold gilt on it still, once again congrats!!!!

Great finds! especially that US buckle- got my first a few weeks ago! I really liked the video too, the underwater shots were really cool! I look forward to seeing another one of your videos :thumbsup:

Thanks gh. I do have a bunch of other water hunting videos on my Youtube channel. Just search for "aquachigger".

Nice one Beau! I had already seen your vid about the buckle find. Looks like your water season is starting out on a good note. Keep 'em coming .....

Nice finds and video... Just got an AT Pro and hoping to get out in the rivers myself!

Real Nice - my kind of huntin :icon_thumright:

great stuff Chigger. glad to see you posting again. I really enjoy seeing your finds

Very nice finds! There must have been National Guard maneuvers there. The blank cartridges are 223/5.56 Nato or from an M-16.
What kind of scales are on that pocket knife? They look to be intact for whatever they are. Funny that double coil spring trap is
not a pile of rust.
That buckle is__________ I'm speechless!
Keep on swingin! Slab

Very nice finds! There must have been National Guard maneuvers there. The blank cartridges are 223/5.56 Nato or from an M-16.
What kind of scales are on that pocket knife? They look to be intact for whatever they are. Funny that double coil spring trap is
not a pile of rust.
That buckle is__________ I'm speechless!
Keep on swingin! Slab

Thanks for the comments guys. I do find a lot of traps. This one is in working condition, but most of them are rusted beyond springing. I haven't had one snap in me yet, but I always use the magnet on the digging stick to retrieve iron signals. I have a buddy that had one snap on his digging knife...lol. Said it scared him almost to death! Not sure about what you mean by "scales" on the pocket knife, sorry about that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back