Recent findings

Reiska

Aug 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
GM4 Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still waiting for the harvest to begin. Should be next week.

Meanwhile i've been digging on pasture. No silver this time around. Except for the spoon :tongue3:

20160720_200525_HDR.jpg 20160810_084101_HDR.jpg

1673 copper next to the owner's doorstep.
20160720_131431_HDR_2.jpg

Also got permission on a yard owned by a relative of mine. My guess on the age of that area was correct.

20160810_201010_HDR_2.jpg

The pin and the copper were right next to each other nearly on the surface. Still has some 1700's string on it.

Some other finds:

An abandoned import. Looks like a Firebird (KITT?) to me. The coin was next to it but i managed to lose it.

20160621_001925_HDR.jpg 20160620_233450_HDR.jpg

This stone was dug up recently next to the fields i'm going to be digging. Looks like a border marker. The crown there looks similar to some medieval markers on the old borders between Sweden-Finland and Novgorod. The border went here from 1323 onwards but i think this one is not that old. It does have the number 23 on it but still.

20160826_162720_HDR_2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6
Abandoned import? You find a car like that around here and it would be a stolen import! Lots of digging there. Congrats

Sure didn't expect to see THAT kind of car over there!! I saw very few American models when I was there. Mostly they were trucks.

As for the marker, maybe you can find a land map for the area (what we call a plot book or plot map) that will give section numbers and such. ...Is the marker near a road? Could it have been an address marker at some time?

Looks like pretty good pasture to me. If that's an indication, the ploughed land should be great. Good luck.

As for the marker, maybe you can find a land map for the area (what we call a plot book or plot map) that will give section numbers and such. ...Is the marker near a road? Could it have been an address marker at some time?

I do have a map from 1760. I marked the stone's location. My family built their house there in 1589.

kartta_iso.png

Here's a marker made after a war that ended in 1595. There are similarities.

KAPU-Tii-045_xgaplus.jpg

Last edited:
Wow I wish I had somewhere like that to hunt Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back