Recent 1715 Fleet Finds

Yes! Booty salvage found a beautiful 2 escudo Mexican mint fully dated 1714. As well as a handful of silver coins and other artifacts.

Gold hound also hit a lick. I believe they found the most.

Attachments

• image-3645143192.jpg
    image-3645143192.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 132
Thanks, I'm still sitting on the fence. I have a new engine in the boat, fabricated a blower in welding class and I'm trying to find cheap dockage. I was going to do it last year when the engine went.

It's been a dream since the late 60's and on my bucket list. I'm still trying to see if I can do it moneywise. I'm just wondering if $5k operations cost is pi**ing money in the wind, probably, but I'll have the satisfaction of doing something I wanted to do forever. I got sidetracked when I moved to FL after the military and spent my life doing oceanography as a tech instead of doing what I really wanted to do--treasure hunting on shipwrecks.

Looks like slim pickins, when I talked to Brisben last year, he made it clear that there was no guarantee of finding anything, my reply was that it was like mining low grade ore

Speaking of low grade ore, does anyone know about the gold dust on the wreck off of Vero Beach. If you can see flecks, it isn't low grade ore.

That is a beautiful coin!!!

Last edited:
...and a whole lot of perseverance!

It's been a dream since the late 60's and on my bucket list. I'm still trying to see if I can do it moneywise. I'm just wondering if $5k operations cost is pi**ing money in the wind, probably, but I'll have the satisfaction of doing something I wanted to do forever.

That's probably requirement #1!!

Is there treasure? Yes of course!
Can anyone find treasure? Sure.
Will anyone find treasure? Possibly...

In Hollywood they say you will only "make it" if you have a passion for it. (whatever aspect of the entertainment industry you are pursuing) Some people have made millions, some people make a comfortable living, some people barely get by and some have gone broke.

"Professional" treasure hunting is no different... I've met people in both businesses in all the categories mentioned. But those that have a passion for it, those that have a realistic approach to it are the ones I have found to be happy with the "outcomes".

I talk to many people that don't even know there are people that really "dive for treasure."

In nutshell part of the conversation will be;

Do you like being on a boat? on the ocean?
Do you like "diving"?
Do you like history?
Do you like finding things?
Would you like finding something that nobody else has touched or seen in 298+ - years?
Would you think it cool if when your detector goes off it could be anything from a beer can to highly valuable "treasure?"
Would you mind that there are more "beer can days" than days of treasure?

If you answer yes to all of these, then it just might be the best $5,000 a year you ever spend...

Lots of people spend that much on their "hobbies" without the chance of a "winning lottery ticket"...

That's probably requirement #1!!

Is there treasure? Yes of course!
Can anyone find treasure? Sure.
Will anyone find treasure? Possibly...

In Hollywood they say you will only "make it" if you have a passion for it. (whatever aspect of the entertainment industry you are pursuing) Some people have made millions, some people make a comfortable living, some people barely get by and some have gone broke.

"Professional" treasure hunting is no different... I've met people in both businesses in all the categories mentioned. But those that have a passion for it, those that have a realistic approach to it are the ones I have found to be happy with the "outcomes".

I talk to many people that don't even know there are people that really "dive for treasure."

In nutshell part of the conversation will be;

Do you like being on a boat? on the ocean?
Do you like "diving"?
Do you like history?
Do you like finding things?
Would you like finding something that nobody else has touched or seen in 298+ - years?
Would you think it cool if when your detector goes off it could be anything from a beer can to highly valuable "treasure?"
Would you mind that there are more "beer can days" than days of treasure?

If you answer yes to all of these, then it just might be the best $5,000 a year you ever spend...

Lots of people spend that much on their "hobbies" without the chance of a "winning lottery ticket"...

That should be a preface to a book ... or at least page one in a Treasure diving handbook.. well put.

"That should be a preface to a book ... or at least page one in a Treasure diving handbook.. well put"

there you go chris,..... "shipwreck treasure hunting" a how to guide and secrets of the pros by au_dreamers. available on amazon for $29.95

chuck.

"That should be a preface to a book ... or at least page one in a Treasure diving handbook.. well put"

there you go chris,..... "shipwreck treasure hunting" a how to guide and secrets of the pros by au_dreamers. available on amazon for $29.95

chuck.

I'd buy it.
.... I have found one cob in just the last few weeks up on dry land.
Picked this from the side of a hole that had a spike at the bottom last week.

ForumRunner_20130614_153538.png

ForumRunner_20130614_153751.png

Last edited:
What we have found this year. Two days out all silver so far

Attachments

• image-2055700654.jpg
    image-2055700654.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 152
That in the first two days would be concidered great by me.. it means you've got good ground.
Is that an eight and a one reales?

Ahhh..that's killer!
The size reference messed me up..congrats..and best of luck to you.

Nice find! I was md'ing down the beach yesterday and saw Gold Hound and another about 300 yards further south. Both only about 15 yards off the beach. Good to see you guys are off to a good start! Hopefully I can pick up some scraps on the beach!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back