Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 1,988
welcome...kick off the shoes and come on in...Awe just leave your shoes on...enjoy the ride!

Hi Libra. Welcome to TreasureNet. We need another Okie around here! :P ;)

What are you holding in your avatar picture? ???

A .357 Magnum and a 3 foot Katana. Two of my three home defense weapon. They work so well that the last robbery that happened out here in Apache was in 1973.

Your title led me to believe that you were posting a personal ad! ::) Welcome!

I figured since I was gonna post a pic, I may as well act like I was trolling....lol.
No, I am quite happily married. Since this is my third marriage, no sense in hunting for trouble too early.

Oh, and while I have lived here in Oklahoma for a few years, and will be living here for a few more, I am not an Okie.

I was born in East Baton Rouge Parish, Baton Rouge, Louisiana in the Earl K. Long Hospital on the same day that Lynyrd Skynyrd had their plane crash.

Just a weird tidbit about me.

ummmmmmm.....3rd wife huh? Could it be that you go around sporting a gun! :-\

Welcome to the forum!

Third time is the charm. Wife number one had the decency to drop off the face of the earth and never speak to me again after our divorce. I now avoid Shreveport-Bossier Louisiana.

Wife number two divorced me, and two months later married a captain. It is the civilian version of going green to gold.

Wife number three is educated, intelligent, sweet and not insane. The only thing I got from wife number two besides bills was a beautiful daughter who I will hopefully have custody of on February 23. She loves coins, especially old coins. She is six years old. Part of why I want to get a metal detector is so that her and I can find really old coins together.

OF course, my kid is probably one of the very few in the USA who gets silver dollars from the tooth fairy. It is a tradition I started, and hope to keep going.

Welcome to the forum.
My children get silver dollars from the tooth fairy also and from their grandparents for each A on the report cards....They are making out like bandits.

Start saving the clad now! Once you take your daughter out hunting, she'll want her own MD! Lots of good times coming your way once custody is established! Enjoy! Are you involved in the martial arts, or is the katana just something you picked up? Always wanted to get involved in IAI DO, myself.

Tourezrick
Nidan

gypsyheart said:
Welcome to the forum.
My children get silver dollars from the tooth fairy also and from their grandparents for each A on the report cards....They are making out like bandits.

In a lot of ways, I am an old fashioned guy. The guns I collect are all curios and relics. I am in love with all the old shooting iron from Soviet Russian, and Czarist Russia. I like true silver coins. I have a hoard of pre64 Jeff Nickels that would make some coin collectors drool. For the last four years, every payday (or when I had extra cash) I would get a few rolls of nickels from the bank, shuck em, and cull out all the pre 64s. I gave up on quarters and dimes, as I seemed to never find silver in rolls. I have about fifty bucks face value in silver nickels. I have about a hundred bucks in halfs, and twice that in dollars.

I also have a few guns left. I have sold most of my collection to pay for the custody fight. Here is a pic of what I have left.

I sold a few off for way more than I thought they were worth. I give collectors heart attacks when I tell them that every gun I have ever owned I have fired, and will not own a non firing weapon.

The one with the bayonet is a Mosin Nagant M44 7.62X 54R carbine. Kicks like a damn mule, but accurate as hell and tough as nails.

Attachments

• PICT0028.JPG
    PICT0028.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,767
Hiya Libra,

Welcome to TN, glad to have you on board. Looking forward to seeing posts and pics of you & your daughter's finds soon. I'm not too far from Baton Rouge, so if you are in the area, just let me know...we'll find a place to hunt.

;) RR

River Rat said:
Hiya Libra,

Welcome to TN, glad to have you on board. Looking forward to seeing posts and pics of you & your daughter's finds soon. I'm not too far from Baton Rouge, so if you are in the area, just let me know...we'll find a place to hunt.

;) RR

Most of my family left after That Bitch Katrina. They sold their houses to those leaving NO, and moved to Texas. I am in Apache, OK north of Lawton/Fort Sill. Once in a while, I miss Louisiana. It isnt often though. I miss the food, but I can cook that, and I can get Abita Turbo Dog at the liquor store. Thanks for the invite though.

Libralabsoldier said:
I also have a few guns left. I have sold most of my collection to pay for the custody fight. Here is a pic of what I have left.
I recognize the Remington Woodmaster semi-auto on the left. I have two of them, my favorite .243 and a .30-o6. I bought my .243 in the box in the 70's and have hunted with it ever since. It is a little heavy though. I may sell my 30-o6, also a 70's model...works perfect.

I was my moms when she gave up hunting, she gave it to me. I need to get another scope for it, but otherwise, it is great.

Libralabsoldier said:
I was my moms when she gave up hunting, she gave it to me. I need to get another scope for it, but otherwise, it is great.
My .243 has no re-coil. I believe the fps velocity breaks the sound barrier. :D You are going to want a sling on it if you do any walking, being a bit heavy. Uncle Mikes will do nicely. :)

Welcome to the mugs. Love the Ruger .357, Got one just like it, only stainless. My wife loves to shoot it!

Mine is actually an Arminius from the 1970s. It was a good decade for affordable well built guns, as was the 1960s.

I like old Russian guns. They are not the most sexy weapons, but they are built to last, and accurate. I need to get another Swiss ring pull rifle, and a few others to rebuild my Bolt Action collection.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back