Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Racist coin.jpg
    Racist coin.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 143
all I got is a spoof token of sir gibbs from barbadossir gibbs.jpg

Upvote 0
yea sorry I am really interested not going to lie.

Upvote 0
all artifacts are interesting...even if distasteful.history is what it is and not what we wish it to be.I only laughed because I get this.It is obviously a spoof token of some sort.
I would be sad if artifacts were to be,"censored" for any reason....any.I applaud you for the courage to put it up.

pat

Upvote 0
I would be sad if any offended.sad for them.we hunt history...its what we do

Upvote 0
Joe, this old piece, as objectionable as it is, is probably a token used to win free drinks in a bar. The owner shows the token to a buddy and says, "I bet I can make the girl on this side kiss the guy on the other side." The buddy takes the bet, thinking that it will never happen. The owner then stands the coin on end and spins it very fast with a snap of the fingers. As the token spins, the images appear to kiss, and the owner collects his drink! Just my two cents. Sub 8-)

Upvote 0
Joe, this old piece, as objectionable as it is, is probably a token used to win free drinks in a bar. The owner shows the token to a buddy and says, "I bet I can make the girl on this side kiss the guy on the other side." The buddy takes the bet, thinking that it will never happen. The owner then stands the coin on end and spins it very fast with a snap of the fingers. As the token spins, the images appear to kiss, and the owner collects his drink! Just my two cents. Sub 8-)

Man, You've been hanging out at way too many joints to know that! lol. But, I think you are right and it makes sense! JMO

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EXACTLY! Buy that man a drink!!! :) Breezie

Upvote 0
Perfect! Thank you for the knowledge it will be passed on still not quite sure on the date it was created but excellent start for me all the same.

Upvote 0
Subterranean you amazed me with the explanation, and I just had to put this image together to see what the sorry losers saw right before having to spend some money after betting...

smoootchBET.jpg

I think the one on the right is supposed to be a slave woman, the hairdo makes me think that, so not two guys kissing but a couple kissing.

Upvote 0
Not trying to offend

Joe Malec, I didn't think your intent was to offend. You had obviously thought about it before you posted. If I would have dug that token I also would have posted it to get more information on it. Personally, when posting something of that nature, I find it best to be very clear right up front that you are posting something that many people may find objectionable. That way no one gets insulted because they understand where you are coming from and you keep the PC police at bay. Just my two cents on the subject.

Upvote 0
I see absolutely nothing wrong with posting any relic or artifact on TNet. This forum is about history and education. You can't erase or change history. Personally, I think people are too thin-skinned, and all of this politically correct stuff is often an excuse for someone or some group to play the victim. I grew up during the 50s-60's in the South and went to high school while National Guards were stationed in the hallways. I've seen this country go from prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance in schools to it's not politically correct to call it a Christmas tree.

My ancestors were Native Americans, and I'm sure they were not too happy walking barefooted in October from NC to OK, but it doesn't bother me when I seen someone post, 'I found an 'Ingen' head penny. They were called Ingens, Red skins, savages, etc. It's history. I felt the poster(s) meant no harm or disrespect.

As far as PC is concerned, I treat people the way I want to be treated, and I don't make a judgement on that person until they have proven otherwise.

At any rate, I'll crawl down from my soapbox, and say, you have a really neat find, and I can understand why you were reluctant to posting it, but personally it doesn't offend me.

:) Breezie

Upvote 0
Well thank you all for everything I will mark this as solved I suppose. Still have a multitude of questions though.

Upvote 0
We women have been the butt of "spoofing" and objectifying for all of our history. Humor in life is required.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back