All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG00037-20110610-1634[1].JPG
    IMG00037-20110610-1634[1].JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG00037-20110610-1634[1].JPG
    IMG00037-20110610-1634[1].JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 370
i dont believe thats it jeff, the one i have doesnt say cupid. im still researching too. its driving me nutz

Upvote 0
davidplev said:
i dont believe thats it jeff, the one i have doesnt say cupid. im still researching too. its driving me nutz

I seen another one From "virtualdollhouse" But got a Virus warning when I clicked on
so didn't Copy Link.

& anoother that was a Charm

But neither seem to have the writing anyway

Upvote 0
Is the white patina or paint? Breezie

Upvote 0
What kind of camera are you using? We need a better pic. I googled and found plenty of souvenir "little brown jug" containers but most of them are a bit larger. They even made "little brown jug" salt shakers but again a little larger I think.

Is it actually a container or is it solid metal? Is there a place to hook to a key chain? It may be related to Little Brown Jug Whiskey made by J & W.. It shouldnt be too hard to ID.

Attachments

• little-brown-jug.jpg
    little-brown-jug.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 287
Upvote 0
sorry bout the pic, i used my blackberry camera. my wife says i need to find a new camera with my metal detector! hahahahaha. the jug seems to be made out of copper/brass. it is not painted. at the very top it looks like a piece might be broken so i cant match it with anything else. i found similar jugs but nothing like this. the most poplar ones i found have "xxx" etched into them . the writing "little brown jug" acually stand out on the one i have. it is not solid.

Upvote 0
davidplev said:
sorry bout the pic, i used my blackberry camera. my wife says i need to find a new camera with my metal detector! hahahahaha. the jug seems to be made out of copper/brass. it is not painted. at the very top it looks like a piece might be broken so i cant match it with anything else. i found similar jugs but nothing like this. the most poplar ones i found have "xxx" etched into them . the writing "little brown jug" acually stand out on the one i have. it is not solid.
Why does it look white in the picture? Those blackberrys seem to take the worst close ups.

My guess so far with the information given, is that its a charm and the connecting loop broke off. xxx.jpg
It may even be from J & W or Templeton Rye. As you stated, the most popular charms have XXX on them but this may be an older version. Nice find.

Attachments

• xxx.jpg
    xxx.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0
like everyone else said, after hoursof research and losing my hair, i am going to say ts a charm bracelet thingy. thanks for the help everyone. happy hunting

Upvote 0
Im still curious why does the picture look whitish if its brass? Is it the camera? Brass does not have white patina.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back