• krusifiksringer-aaa.jpg
    krusifiksringer-aaa.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1,873
  • krusifiksringer--text-aaa.jpg
    krusifiksringer--text-aaa.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,861
Upvote 0
Thank you all, for your nice replys. ;)
I just got an invitation to the County Museum, where the ring and the macehead will be in an monter.

I will try to take some pics from the show and upload for you all to see, and if im lucky-and i hope some of you guys will also be inspired to help your local museums with finds.

We all have an responsibilitad to save the past, for our future and our children.

Absolutly amazing find!! Find of a life time for sure .

goldhamster said:
I just got an invitation to the County Museum, where the ring and the macehead will be in an monter.

I will try to take some pics from the show and upload for you all to see, and if im lucky-and i hope some of you guys will also be inspired to help your local museums with finds.

We all have an responsibilitad to save the past, for our future and our children.

GH,
What a fantastic find! I think you have me beat by 500 years. :'(
Very generous of you to donate it, and a wonderful thing to do.
I come from a long line of museum donators too. My family has lots of items in our hometown museum.
Great post,
MM

ModernMiner said:
goldhamster said:

GH,
I come from a long line of museum donators too. My family has lots of items in our hometown museum.
Great post,
MM

I bet it feels great when you can show your friends and children all the nice objects you, and your family has donated to the museum :)

Imagine what museums would look like if everone would help the museums. THAT would be a collection 8)

goldhamster said:
ModernMiner said:
goldhamster said:

GH,
Great post,
MM

I bet it feels great when you can show your friends and children all the nice objects you, and your family has donated to the museum :)

Imagine what museums would look like if everone would help the museums. THAT would be a collection 8)

It really does feel great to see items in the museum that our family has donated. My great-grandfather was a big collector and taxidermist. He has old guns, coin collections, egg collections, mounted animals (some rare), etc. in the museum.
I am going back next week so the museum can copy some of my original pictures of murderer Belle Gunness's farm from the early 1900's. Next year will be the 100 year anniversary, and they are overjoyed to be able to see my collection of photos.
My great-grandfather knew the photographer at the Gunness Farm fire, and gave him a set of photos.
Here's a link to the Gunness fame:
http://www.laportecountyhistory.org/belleg1.htm

If people didn't donate items, a museum would be one boring place. ;)
-MM-

goldhamster said:
ModernMiner said:
goldhamster said:

GH,
Great post,
MM

I agree it is good to see on display stuff that you or your family have donated. However in the UK over 70% of finds are NEVER displayed or ever see the light of day. They are in boxes which not even the museum who owns them really know whats in them. What good would it do if everyone donated to the museum & no-one ever saw them again? Museum only display things that they believe will draw in crowds & donations. So many interesting things are locked away due to lack of space & money. At least in the UK with a healthy mix of private & public everyone wins??

:o What a fantastic find! You did good my friend...................

Desertfox

I personally would have sold it, being broke and all right now. Makes more sense for me to be able
to put food on the table with a good find.
That "money isn't everything" ,nice thought,but is hard to live by when you're flat out broke. :(

syko said:
I personally would have sold it, being broke and all right now. Makes more sense for me to be able
That "money isn't everything" ,nice thought,but is hard to live by when you're flat out broke. :(

Sorry to hear that, its aways very difficult to be broke- Im not a rich guy either, i hardly have any money to pay my %¤*% bills every month.

I hope you manage to get some cash real soon...

goldhamster said:
syko said:

Sorry to hear that, its aways very difficult to be broke- Im not a rich guy either, i hardly have any money to pay my %¤*% bills every month.

GH,
Again, very generous of you to donate that great find. At least it will be able to be enjoyed by others long after we (and our bills) are gone. Great job.
-MM-

goldhamster said:
syko said:

Thanks for that..I guess I just need to keep trying to move forward. I still think if I found a class ring I can trace,I'd try to find the owner.
That would make me feel like I did a good deed. I guess everyone has those times in their lives where it seems like you just can't get ahead,no matter what you do ???

I'm still gonna save up the pennies (or quarters) to get into this game..I think I spend too much time on this forum,might as well
be out there looking. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back