Zaza22

Tenderfoot
Feb 24, 2022
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all,

image.jpg
image 2.jpg

I was coin roll hunting and found this 1969 d Penny. It has drastic rim doubling, more on the front than on the back. I just wish that it was in better shape and didn't have that ding on the obverse right side. Ive been told that 1969 D without the FG on the reverse can be worth some money. I flipped over, and I don't see these initials. Is this one of those examples? Does anyone thing that this coin is worth anything? I don't know much about errors and things of that nature, as I'm only now starting to look more thoroughly for them. Thanks guys, and have a great day!

Looks like your coin was struck with a tilted die. As for the missing FG, that would definitely carry a premium. I can't make out from the pictures if it is not there at all or just weak. That may be worthwhile to have looked at, could be worth $20 or so.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARC
Looks like your coin was struck with a tilted die. As for the missing FG, that would definitely carry a premium. I can't make out from the pictures if it is not there at all or just weak. That may be worthwhile to have looked at, could be worth $20 or so.
I've never had anything graded or inspected before. Where would I go to do that? Do I send it somewhere?

I've never had anything graded or inspected before. Where would I go to do that? Do I send it somewhere?
It costs a lot of money to have a coin professionally authenticated and graded, probably much more than it is worth in this case. A reputable coin dealer with knowledge in this area would be a good option. There are folks out there who specialize in Lincoln cent varieties, and with good close up photos posted could probably ID. Unfortunately I'm not one of those guys! I've been collecting for over 50 years but Lincoln varieties are not my thing. good luck.

Reactions: ARC
Take a better close up pic. If you have a modern smartphone you should be able to get really close. Then folks here will be able to tell.

As for professional grading, budget about $100 for the first one. You have to join one of the grading services, then pay the fees and shipping. I think the last time I did it it was for about $70, but $100 is a good round number to start.

Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back