Attachments

• IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0
Amazing the amount of debitage, artifacts, shards and ancient discard there in your fields Steve.

Wow I think I saw whole jaw bone in there and everything looks like that was the site of the midden

Last edited:
WOW! I'd dig and sift a site like that!

How old?

Nice pics! Do you ever find any hard stone artifacts?

That's not even fair! You lucky, you lucky... Larson, you!! I would look like a one legged cat covering ten piles of poop out there. Wow!!

Haha..that's a lot of circles

Come on Steve. Don't tease us. I know you found some artifacts so lets see some cleaned up pics. Is that a Drilled Elk Tooth in the photo near the end?

:thumbsup: More ''eye candy'' to drool over. Lovely little point there.

After an extremely dry July, we have a lot of rain coming now so it looks like we will have some hard washed, recently cultivated dirt to hunt again.

I wish our dirt looked as rich as your dirt.

Those pics are like those Eye Spy Books or Where's Waldo spreads that kids glare at...where the eye can wonder for long periods of time taking in all the "scenery." Thanks for sharing!

Isn't the rain wonderful Larson....pretty amazing what's laying right under that top soil...nice finds!

WOW! I'd dig and sift a site like that!

How old?

gotta be old as we can find a few pelican lake corner notch pieces once in a while along with an occasional oxbow or duncan-hanna or mckean

After an extremely dry July, we have a lot of rain coming now so it looks like we will have some hard washed, recently cultivated dirt to hunt again.

I wish our dirt looked as rich as your dirt.

we got 1.78" in the last 4 days

Wow I think I saw whole jaw bone in there and everything looks like that was the site of the midden

some of the images were taken while standing on a few of the middens
there are about six middens on that 30 acre site
there were about 90 earth lodges there at some time

Come on Steve. Don't tease us. I know you found some artifacts so lets see some cleaned up pics. Is that a Drilled Elk Tooth in the photo near the end?

thanks i think it looks like one but it's not

I don't dig either

Hope you find the good stuff. Looks like a good spot.. The site. I been on all year . Is hardly turning up anything. Can't wait till next year. when they turn the ground again.. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back