Quick trip: Euro found in New Jersey

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I didn’t find anything great in jersey, but I enjoyed being by the water. I found this coin. It’s a euro. Does anyone know if it is valuable or not? I only ask because I saw one sold on eBay for $200 and another for $2, lol. Just want to check!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1542911713.406628.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1542911731.323287.jpg

Upvote 8
Don't know what it's worth, but it's always cool to find non-US coinage. Nice Job!:occasion14:

Thank you Terry

Its worth 50 cents, but man if you can get 2 bucks for it then sell it. I am stuck in Europe right now, bring you back as many as you need.

Now one for 200 bucks, was that perhaps a 2002 silver. There is a mint set of 20, and they are worth around 200 each.

My son found a bank bag full coins in the Stadt Park city of Kaiserslautern about 4 years ago, it had a full complete set of those in it, also had many others. We just contacted the police because something such as that and being so modern does not just get misplaced. Police had us bring it in to the main station where they had a coin dealer waiting whose shop was broke into the night before, police chased the perp, caught him but no coins, they wwhere allowed to hold him but not charge him because they had no coins.

Owner of the shop would not allow the coins or bag to be scanned for prints, so the perp was let go.

Coin shop dealer also threatened to file a law suit against my son who was 13 at the time if his metal detector caused any damages to the coins. Such ignorance is to be expected considering the location.

Its worth 50 cents, but man if you can get 2 bucks for it then sell it. I am stuck in Europe right now, bring you back as many as you need.

Now one for 200 bucks, was that perhaps a 2002 silver. There is a mint set of 20, and they are worth around 200 each.

My son found a bank bag full coins in the Stadt Park city of Kaiserslautern about 4 years ago, it had a full complete set of those in it, also had many others. We just contacted the police because something such as that and being so modern does not just get misplaced. Police had us bring it in to the main station where they had a coin dealer waiting whose shop was broke into the night before, police chased the perp, caught him but no coins, they wwhere allowed to hold him but not charge him because they had no coins.

Owner of the shop would not allow the coins or bag to be scanned for prints, so the perp was let go.

Coin shop dealer also threatened to file a law suit against my son who was 13 at the time if his metal detector caused any damages to the coins. Such ignorance is to be expected considering the location.

A 2002 50 cent Euro is silver?? My two look like brass.

That is CRAZY. Some people are so ignorant. Here, you did an amazing thing to help, and you end up getting threatened. What if he never saw those coins ever again? That’s pretty much what should have happened. Honestly, if I was to see the future and find out he would talk to me like that, those coins would have been in my collection of amazing finds.

Am I reading correctly that these coins have some type of gold mixed in it?

That is CRAZY. Some people are so ignorant. Here, you did an amazing thing to help, and you end up getting threatened. What if he never saw those coins ever again? That’s pretty much what should have happened. Honestly, if I was to see the future and find out he would talk to me like that, those coins would have been in my collection of amazing finds.

Am I reading correctly that these coins have some type of gold mixed in it?

No gold mix in them, no silver in them ether. Just worth 50 cents, well unless you find some mint coins made with silver or gold.

No gold mix in them, no silver in them ether. Just worth 50 cents, well unless you find some mint coins made with silver or gold.

Thanks for the feedback. It’ll go in my cool coin collection!

Yea, it says .50 cents on the coin. I found a .01 cent the other day in a Coinstar in Krogers.

Very cool find! :occasion14:

I have found smaller ones in the coin stars also. They go in the junk drawer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back