Quick hunt from yesterday

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
Got out for a quick creek walk. Didn't expect to find anything in this low producing stream but at least I walked out with this. Also came up on someone's hidden garden. Must have walked by it ten times this summer without seeing it. Wonder what they could've been growing hmmmm

Attachments

• image-1971602884.jpg
    image-1971602884.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 95
  • image-2357356797.jpg
    image-2357356797.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1612873511.jpg
    image-1612873511.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
Great looking point, Quarts? I don't understand people using what was grown and then leaving that mess.

Nice bevel on it. I love creek walking. The insitu pics. Alone make me want to go. Surprised you never smelled that walking past it.

I know. It was near where I climb down the bank. They even left the plant food not the first time I've came up on pot plants while walking.

Yup it's quartz. This creek has some very nice quartz cobbles in it. When I feel like knapping difficult rock I grab it from here.

Not bad for a quick walk

Lol Yep nice insitu. I found a couple secret gardens last summer.:tongue3: Be careful out there.

Thanks guys. Yeah watch out for em. I've never run into owners though.

GatorBoy said:
Nice bevel on it. I love creek walking. The insitu pics. Alone make me want to go. Surprised you never smelled that walking past it.

Lol! I started to type the same. He probably did, just thought a skunk hole was near by. It could be dangerous walking creeks. This didn't seem to be a huge garden , but still enough to get innocently shot over. Man! Scares me.

I imagine you might walk up on still sites where you are.

One time I went to a lake that was a secret entrance nobody knew about with a friend and a jon boat in the truck bed. It was way deep in the middle of nowhere. We were fishing and heard some noise from the other side and I saw a big dump truck with a camo skirt on it and a bunch of guys swinging machettes. I then knew what they were doing cause they were throwing large plants in the back. Talk about scared! Man I told my friend not to make any noise and dont talk. I then paddled slowly back to the wooded entrance where we had put in at and we loaded the boat slowly. My truck had cheery bomb mufflers by the way. We got in after strapping the boat tight to the bed. I said dont close the door till the truck starts. I told him to buckle in. He said what is wrong and I told him I would tell if we make it out alive. He looked like he had, well you know. I had a old chevy with a 350 in it. I cranked that sucker and hauled it out of there and didnt look back. Was doing 50 on a dirt road and getting it! Never did go back to that lake and didnt make any calls either. Brings back memories.

I have ran up on moonshiners, but that was no big deal. It scared them to death. I wouldn't have known what they were doing, had they not told me. They were hiding milk jugs in the lake and seemed to be struggling. I walked up and ask if they needed help. They almost fell out when I walked up. I thought they were marking a trot line with milk jugs. I have walked up on gardens in the woods, just a plant or two, and think I know whose they were. No big deal, but a field. Whole different story!

We and the kids walked up on an Amish still in pa while creek walkin a couple years back. They were actually very nice guys. One elder and three young bucks.

Nice finds, BS growers leavin trash behind,Ive found plants before, let it grow...

I wouldn't even pay no mind if the cleaned up. It's me walkin back there and someone thinking that they are mine. Gonna wait to see if they set up shop next year then watch my back going into the woods. They built bramble walls around it.

awesome point!!!
Out here its dang dangerous walking around the woods in the summer.They are booby trapping the grows too

I surprised I have found any on the islands since that's so secluded.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back