Quick hunt after work

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick hunter after work, some clad, 2 wheaties & a Buffalo nickel

image-1780514698.jpg

image-3541529824.jpg

image-1645312560.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Last edited:
Upvote 5
Isn't that a neat feeling? Digging up something, seeing it's a coin, then knowing it's a nickel and finally, a buffalo!! Very neat!

Nice!

Nice finds! Still wait'n for the thaw here!

Thanks guys........ And yes, it's a great feeling pulling a small piece of history out of the ground. I love it now just as much as I did 31 years ago when my parents first took me beepen

Your Buff looks like it has a lot of detail on the back. Can you get a date? Congrats on getting to hunt and your success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your Buff looks like it has a lot of detail on the back. Can you get a date? Congrats on getting to hunt and your success.

image-3411465389.jpg

Thanks but no, no date

I can't wait to find another buff. I've only found one at my best producing park and couldn't get a date off it either. Nickels seem to be the least found coin for me.

I can't wait to find another buff. I've only found one at my best producing park and couldn't get a date off it either. Nickels seem to be the least found coin for me.

I have seen a lot of comments on here concerning nickels not being found including some I made myself, lol. Answers ranged from the fact that they are the least given coin when given change back from a purchase to the likely probability that many just aren't dug because so many rely on numerical values modern machines give for them. As you know, they fall down in the foil and trash range.

I have seen a lot of comments on here concerning nickels not being found including some I made myself, lol. Answers ranged from the fact that they are the least given coin when given change back from a purchase to the likely probability that many just aren't dug because so many rely on numerical values modern machines give for them. As you know, they fall down in the foil and trash range.

My friends are always asking me how I dig so many nickels but so little trash. My XLT is very specific when its a nickel & not a bottle cap :-)

Nice finds.. Those quick hunts sometimes turn out to be the best kind.. Thanks for sharing..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back