Quick hunt after work/school produces honkin silver ring, plus...

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Quick hunt after work/school produces honkin' silver ring, plus...

...another silver Rosey!

I was heading home from school today and decided to hit a park nearby. This park is a little special to me because it is where I found my first ever wheatie when I was a little kid. I have hunted it since, but it is one of the trashiest parks I've ever hunted, and have never found any silver there. I'm not much of a park hunter, but it was really nice out and the park was empty.

I was trying to swing slow so I could pick up some deep stuff. My first target was a wheatie. Then, I got this signal at about five inches that was bouncing around like crazy. I was surprised to see a silver dime flip out of the hole along with a long peice of scrap metal. Very unexpected!

A few more wheaties, lots of clad, and some canslaw (I see a lot of people playing soccer here and thought I'd try for some gold). I got a 87-89 signal, thought it'd be a can, but it was a HONKIN' ring marked "MEXICO 925" on the inside. It is one of those rings that has that spinning peice in the middle. It freely falls off my thumb and my hands aren't really small.

Well, that's about it. I was out for about one hour, so not a bad hunt at all. I'm looking forward to seeing all your finds this week/weekend.

Joe

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 208
Re: Quick hunt after work/school produces honkin' silver ring, plus...

Congrats on that Rosie Twisted..I hear they have been avoiding you.But you bagged this one... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Gotta love those quick hunts that produce. I had the same experience (and finds, almost...) as you today.
WTG Joe! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, sweet ring too!!!

HI HO SILVER !!!!! ( Ring a Rosie )
Those rosie's are popping out like pull tabs for you now ;D ;D ;D ;D :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Nice going Joe... That ring is huge dude!
Mike

Way to go, Joe. You've been killing it on the Rosies lately.

WTG, Joe!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's a great ring, and yet another Rosie? - Nice! :wink:

That's a great one hour hunt, and there has to be more there! It's nice to have a place like that close enough for quick hunts.

Another Rosie? You must have been tired of finding all those Barbers ::)

Sweet ring!

Sweet ring - Andre the Giant must of lost it back in the day!!!! hahaha

HONK!
Honking hunk!
(Which may also be the name of that place where we get our egg rolls and rice)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back