tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this cut crystal basket with 3 stamped hallmarks of some kind of the silver handle. The internet has a lot of references to a lot of world hallmarks and I have some printed info also, but I'm coming up short on certainty of where this glass is most likely from and how old it is?. I do think it's European, but not British, Scottish or Irish. Maybe Bohemian? as they were known for their glass. Hoping some of you out there have more hallmark info at home you won't find on the internet. The marks are poorly struck and one looks like the lower legs of some kind of beast, One I can't tell what it is?? and a letter ( L ) I believe is a date mark in round cartouche. None of the marks are in a row or column. Their here & there on the silver handle.

It is fine cut crystal and the glass part of it measures 8-1/4" long by 5-7/8" wide by 2-1/2" deep.

Thanks for any help:thumbsup:

Attachments

• crystal basket 1.jpg
    crystal basket 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • crystal basket 2.jpg
    crystal basket 2.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 70
  • crystal basket 3.jpg
    crystal basket 3.jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 66
  • crystal basket 4.jpg
    crystal basket 4.jpg
    538.3 KB · Views: 58
Top right maybe a Dutch hallmark?
** If Dutch bottom right should be year 1845...just from info online.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Top right maybe a Dutch hallmark?
** If Dutch bottom right should be year 1845...just from info online.
Sure thing HappyCamper, I guess I didn't look at the Dutch marks on that 925/1000 site or maybe I did?, but just not close enough, because I thought I looked through all their listed world marks... I can now see it's 1/2 of the Lion in that 70's Texaco sign looking cartouche. Huh! 1845, That's a bit older then I was thinking it was made. So it's looking like it be a 83% alloy of silver handle. Not sure what that 2nd mark is, but I think this is pretty much solved. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back