Question on Native American site museums actually open currently

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I was reviewing my latest CSASI issue, the July 2024 issue.

The editor Steve Cooper has a series on "Mounds and Earthworks on the Public Highway", this journal has part seventeen focused on Angel Mounds State Historic Site in Indiana, which is closed undergoing renovations.

This made me think about Cahokia Mounds site interpretive center (museum) which is STILL closed and is scheduled to be closed most of 2024. The museum has been closed for a number of years.

Does anyone know of any Native American site museum actually open currently and displaying Native American relics? I am not asking about mound sites that do not have a museum, only those with a museum displaying Native American relics.

Upvote 1
it displays amazing artifacts from the last major earthquake in the PNW

a whole village was covered by a mud slide that preserved thousands of perishable everyday artifacts.

Looks like the spiro mounds in Oklahoma are still open, passed through there several years ago headed to New Orleans, I wish I had been with people that were more interested we kinda moved pretty quick through the building and walked the mounds a bit and moved on

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back