Question about sterling PICS ADDED 07/07

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Sorry I have not had a chance to take a pic yet, but today while searching for a lost gold earring I got a strong dime signal at 8 inches and decided to see if maybe it was a merc. To my surprise out came a very nice silver pendant with a gorgeous opal in it. On the back, it reads "FIVE" then has a star samped in it. Directly under that is says "STERL".
I have never seen this before and was wondering if anyone can tell me more about it?????????
Stumped
~Nash~

Attachments

• 5star.jpg
    5star.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 297
  • opal.jpg
    opal.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 327
Re: Question about sterling

sterling
**5=925

Upvote 0

OK I get what you are saying but this actually simply says the word FIVE then has a star stamped next to it above where it has the letters STERL........I'll try to get a pic ASAP!
~Nash~

Upvote 0

stoney56 said:
It is Sterling Silver and the symbols probably stand for 5 ***** aka 5 stars as in quality.

I'm liking your version. Thanks a lot for the input! I know it is one gorgeous opal as well!
~Nash~

Upvote 0

I can't wait to see the pictures you find some nice jewellery Man! 5 STAR STER? Right? I can't find a thing, but I'd go with Stoney any day.

Upvote 0

Let's see the thing. WE WANT PHOTOS. Nice find.

Upvote 0

Thanks for the vote of confidence CG but your hubby might have a say in that. LOL

Nash, actually thats what is I believe known as a touchmark or hallmark. STAR *USED WITH GRAPHIC "STAR 5" AS JEWELRY TRADEMARK FOR COLONIAL MFG. CO., INC. NEW YORK SINCE 1956

Upvote 0
Nashoba said:
HELP ME PLEASE!
??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I'm on the case Nash! We'll get it all sorted out! Anyways you are one lucky guy in this opalholic's opinion!

Mike

Upvote 0
I still have not found who made this....Is it driving me mad? YEP! A value was placed on the stone yesterday at $400. It is a single stone and not a doublet or triplet and is a crystal opal... The guy offered me $200 saying the sterling was basically worthless....Yeah I fell for THAT! ;) ;) Tell me the stone is worth 4 bills then offer me two for the whole shebang......Hmmmmm. I just don't think so.
~Nash~

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back