Mic Mac artifacts from Nova Scotia.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One of our excursions from the cruise stopped at a museum of the Mic Macs in Nova Scotia. It was very interesting and they claim their ancestors were there at least 13,000 years ago.
20240930_111316.jpg
20240930_111321.jpg
20240930_111313.jpg
20240930_111339.jpg

Upvote 19
Lots of hard stone. Thanks for sharing them I believe I could stay there for hours
I know the feeling, i actually kinda of like going to museums alone because i take too long looking at everything, there’s a bunch of small museums around, the kind with nobody else in them and one volunteer and I’ve been checked on before and they seem surprised im still going

What are these above the axes? I’m guessing they are stone?
I can identify one of those objects. The one with all the “dimples” is a fossil cast of a Sigillaria sp., a type of tree that grew during the Upper Carboniferous Era, about 290 million years ago. Nova Scotia is well known for plant fossils from that period of Earth history. Sometimes called the “Coal Age”, as most of our Eastern US coal fields date from that time…
IMG_5030.png

I can identify one of those objects. The one with all the “dimples” is a fossil cast of a Sigillaria sp., a type of tree that grew during the Upper Carboniferous Era, about 290 million years ago. Nova Scotia is well known for plant fossils from that period of Earth history. Sometimes called the “Coal Age”, as most of our Eastern US coal fields date from that time…View attachment 2172655
That’s exactly what I was asking about. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back