Question about NH prospecting...

penster

Sep 3, 2012
CT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'Ve read all the posts on NH, re: public access/ and state-natl forest rules. If you access at a public area, can you walk up and down stream, in the stream, and still be considered public land? Or is it trespassing? I would like to take a weekend in the next month and drive up for a day. Most interested in bringing home a couple 5-gal buckets to work. Oh yeah....about rubber boots. Should I be getting waders? How deep is the water generally at the area discussed on tunnel rook road? I sure won't be wearing shorts and water shoes in NH. Thx.

Upvote 0
I just checked out the I phone, the I 5 costs $200+ as a "free" upgrade, the I 4 has 2 one with 4 gig is free and one with 8 gig if $99

That would be fine, BUT, they also hit you with a $40 a month service plan in addition to the monthly cost, and I am already paying for 5 phones for the family. My youngest son has a Droid that has a data plan that is $36 a month, but he is paying for it.
To save $40 a month I will stick with my stoneage phone that is not only waterproof but can be dropped from 6+ feet with no problem and my waterproof camera and GPS. I can then edit the meta data on the photo before sending to add the GPS coordinates so they are tied to the picture. I use Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premier and the older Microsoft Digital Image Pro.
I was a US Navy Photographer for 4 years (72-76) and my other hobby is photography using the Olympus Tough and a Canon 50D with a bunch of lenses and a Sony Camcorder.

I couldn't carry all that on my outings. I have more than enough gear to consider a full load and I still need to carry the material that is coming back with me.

I can understand the ability to always have a phone that takes great pictures, I have thought of it, but the service plan puts me off. Someday if I get rid of the kids I will upgrade.

I keep trying to convince them to some panning so I can use them as Sherpas they can carry all the gear!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back