seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just got back from checking the grounds on a new house foundation in a prairie thats been undisturbed for the last 10 years +, checked the dug up dirt piles around the foundation etc... (nothing). So my conclusion is that the detector I have the BH505 is not good enough to do the job, for tot lots,volleyball courts and sandy beeches fine, just not real mding. i will have to put some searches on hold otherwise just spinning my wheels and getting frustrated.I hope the rest of you newbies either do better than I or take heed and do not expect much from the BH505. Goo]d luck and good hunting till a later date.

Upvote 0
I recently found out the same thing with my BHT4 (it will only go 5 inches). Hope you can get a better machine soon.

Don't hate on your Bounty Hunter. I use a Land Star and I find all kinds of stuff.

Just swing slow and hunt in discrimination mode with 0 discrimination. Basically you want to hear the iron and foil sounds and only dig above foil.

Deal with the iron sounds and you will find other targets that the iron is masking.

Also the Bounty Hunter can find the deep targets. Watch some of my videos. You'll see some really deep targets recovered.

Maybe there just wasn't anything there. It happens sometimes. Tennessee digger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back