Problem w/ my dredge

...yes...first thing I always do with a new foot valve is wrap it in a window screen,and if you working shallow,put it in a bucket,even fine sand will destroy a high priced impeller.You have something clogging somewhere.....

Made me laugh but no. Wouldn't be able to put in my suction on would i

Remove the pump impeller housing and stick a thin coat hanger wire into the pick up veins to ensure completely clean. Whilst at it examine the vein -on the outside outside rim for damaged veins, metal bent or chewed up bad. Carefully file square and remove any bent metals if thin or gently bend back in place if thick enough. There are 3 kinds of pump housing seals--old paper(pain in the arse)--rubber and newer simple O ring style. If paper just go to OSH or Capital rubber and but nylon inpregnated rubber of CORRECT THICKNESS and trace and cut out with exacto knife as the nylon impregnated wont blow out,rot like paper as supported with the nylon strings laminated within. Seal with good ol' GE window/door silicone as lastd for many years,easily removable and has great UV protection to keep it pliable for expansion from hot summers day to freezing water/winters frost-John

Had to ask. And it is possible to put it on backwards. I did it many moons ago with my first dredge on my first day running it. That was after I figured out I put to much oil in the engine. It was a long learning curve.

I. Being the stubborn one finally checked my jet log. It had a clog. Big S.O.B. thanks for all the help everyone

Had to ask. And it is possible to put it on backwards. I did it many moons ago with my first dredge on my first day running it. That was after I figured out I put to much oil in the engine. It was a long learning curve.

Hi guys i know this question is off your topic but i need some advice about 2 years ago i bought a used keene 2" dredge highbanker already been the sluice route got enough backaches so i got this highbanker i,m useing a honda 160 but the pump is a pascer an its done for i want to knw if its worth buying one of those northern tool trash pumps to go on my motor i know that proline or keene pumps are a lot better but cash is tite my kids eat to much ha ha anyway anybody think one of those pumps would work till winter thanks for your help in advance

Hi guys i know this question is off your topic but i need some advice about 2 years ago i bought a used keene 2" dredge highbanker already been the sluice route got enough backaches so i got this highbanker i,m useing a honda 160 but the pump is a pascer an its done for i want to knw if its worth buying one of those northern tool trash pumps to go on my motor i know that proline or keene pumps are a lot better but cash is tite my kids eat to much ha ha anyway anybody think one of those pumps would work till winter thanks for your help in advance

For high banking it will work...for dredging, nope not going to work.

For high banking it will work...for dredging, nope not going to work.

Thats kinda what i thought thanks i guess i will have to save up them dollars or sell some gold allthough i didnt want to sell it but gold fever will probley win out cant stay out of the creek to long ha ha

I have used my Honda WX15 (This is the little 2.5hp, 72 gal per min)for my Keene conversion with a 2.5" suction nozzle. Not deep, but it worked OK. Would work great with a 2".

I have used my Honda WX15 (This is the little 2.5hp, 72 gal per min)for my Keene conversion with a 2.5" suction nozzle. Not deep, but it worked OK. Would work great with a 2".

Thanks mite try that i like highbanking n the winter but still like to dredge especialy when i get close to bedrock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back