Possibly buying another claim off of Ebay

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Despite all the negativity about doing it, I on the other hand will take advantage of any way that advances my mining. I have successfully purchased 3 claims off Ebay over the years and all are awesome and legal. If you have Knowledge and do your research, then there is no problem, be smart. The reason I'm posting this is because the Ebay seller is selling claims on a river that I have fished, camped and mined for over 53 years and I have special memories with my parents camping there, while they are now gone, and the river is not a rich gold mining river, but the memories are special. Special why? because my grandfather who went by the name Woody was on a munition ship heading to Vietnam and in 100 ft. waves some of the munitions broke loose and the ship started sinking, he another crewman made it to the rescue ship and according to crewman my grandfather pushed him up on the rescue ladder to help him but when the ship came down off the wave my Grandfather was sucked under the ship. That is why this place is special to me because he owned a claim in this area. Caring on his dream.

Upvote 11
Wish you the best of luck, God bless, and Big Gold!

Despite all the negativity about doing it, I on the other hand will take advantage of any way that advances my mining. I have successfully purchased 3 claims off Ebay over the years and all are awesome and legal. If you have Knowledge and do your research, then there is no problem, be smart. The reason I'm posting this is because the Ebay seller is selling claims on a river that I have fished, camped and mined for over 53 years and I have special memories with my parents camping there, while they are now gone, and the river is not a rich gold mining river, but the memories are special. Special why? because my grandfather who went by the name Woody was on a munition ship heading to Vietnam and in 100 ft. waves some of the munitions broke loose and the ship started sinking, he another crewman made it to the rescue ship and according to crewman my grandfather pushed him up on the rescue ladder to help him but when the ship came down off the wave my Grandfather was sucked under the ship. That is why this place is special to me because he owned a claim in this area. Caring on his dream.
There are a few good claims open “free” for the taking. I know that for a fact. Inflation impacting fixed incomes, increased regulation and fees have caused many long standing claim holders to shed claims they don’t actually profit from through mining. Little research on rivers that have historically produced nuggets and some more research on who has not been filing…

Some have been getting locked up either through “Restoration Work” or special historical status designations so it doesn’t hurt to explore.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back