Possible Indian Artifacts, Identification Needed

zachman1750

Jun 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!

I work for a landscaping company and I occasionally help out on the owners farm as well. While looking through the farm fields and natural creek nearby, I found a few interesting stones that I believe may be Indian artifacts of some sort. I was hoping I could get some help identifying them. I would like to know, if possible, if they are actually Indian artifacts and also what they may be! The last pictures of the small half circle item I don't think is an Indian artifact but I'm not sure what it is either, I believe it's made out of metal but I'm not 100% sure. The link below is to the album of photos I've uploaded. Thanks in advance to everyone, I look forward to your responses!

Artifacts Slideshow by Zachman1750 | Photobucket

Last edited:
At one time they made a roofing nail with a lead head on it. I don't think they are made or used anymore. But that's what you lead piece next to the dime looks like to me, off a roofing nail. As far as the rocks go, I don't see any that look like artifacts to me.

Upvote 0
I like how your pics are done. But it is hard to tell you which ones are actually worked pieces. You do have a couple of worked flakes in the slide show. So I saw 2 that are scrapers/ knifes with tiny worked secondary edges. Top and bottom not flaked just the edges. Ill show you a close look alike so you know which ones. Nice finds, rock

Attachments

• 100_2943.JPG
    100_2943.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
Thanks rock that was really helpful! Do you have any idea what that larger, tan/grey rock would be? It clearly has 6 flaked edges but I cannot think of what it could have possibly been used for.

Upvote 0
Thanks rock that was really helpful! Do you have any idea what that larger, tan/grey rock would be? It clearly has 6 flaked edges but I cannot think of what it could have possibly been used for.

I see 2 that have been worked but look like scrapers. Look for the tiny flaking on the edges. Most of these types were used maybe once and then thrown away. Here are 2 more I have. I like the worked flakes myself. Not many keep them.

Attachments

• 100_3034.JPG
    100_3034.JPG
    259.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_3040.JPG
    100_3040.JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back