Attachments

• 000_1148a.JPG
    000_1148a.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 755
  • 000_1159a.JPG
    000_1159a.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 746
Upvote 0
Pettis County, Missouri was formed on January 26, 1833 from surrounding Cooper and Saline counties. It was first occupied by Osage Indians and also stray bands of Shawnee were present. In an attempt to incite Indians against Americans in the War of 1812, the British operated in the vicinity but there were no known British settlements. However, in 1818, a make-shift mound hut was found 6 miles south of the present town where this investigation took place. Inside the mound hut, the body of a British officer was found. He was dressed in full military dress and except for the leathered condition of his skin, one would not have known he was dead.

"relic" needs history classes....

It appears that relic may be a "relic" not understanding this hobby or knowing his history. I always thought that the Mississippi was a very well used waterway, I guess he missed that one. Very nice finds I'm sure there was a lot of work (research and Leg) put into to finding those items. keep up the good work let us know Steve..

Maybe he has it confused with Texas.... Totally devoid of any history and totally landlocked! Well, except that Gulf of Mexico thing. J/K Relic.... we all know that you didn't mean it that way. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back