Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Went back this morning to the only local site I have left that's not overgrown or planted. This place has given up a nice variety of finds which have been mostly late colonial, but occassionally an early-to-mid 1800s relic is mixed in. Today the overall quantity of targets was a bit low, but I did snag a nice one when randomly walking around well away from the house site. This is my first silver gilted VA button and was defintely a surprise. The back is not in the greatest shape but I'll take it. Just when I think this site is about played out it always seems to produce a goodie that keeps me coming back. I'll probably have a couple more shots there but the farmer will be planting in the next week or 2 so hopefully I can take advantage. The 3 pics of the button below show what it looked like just after being dug in the field, after some dry cleaning, and after a 10 sec jelly bath. (Seems like the files don't want to load in order for some reason. First time this has happened. It even messed up the order when I tried uploading one at a time.)

Attachments

• 040912a.JPG
    040912a.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 107
  • 040912b.JPG
    040912b.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 040912c.JPG
    040912c.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 040912d.JPG
    040912d.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 040912e.JPG
    040912e.JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 102
Upvote 0
Nice digs Bill, you have had a great spring season!

Bill, you are always making some good finds! Once again, good job. Tennessee digger

Bill, Killer find. HH

Wow! Great rescue! It looks like it was only a matter of time before the two parts separated!! Well done!! :icon_thumleft:

Nice digs Bill, you have had a great spring season!

Thanks Steve. Too bad hunting always seem to end so early down this way. And with the warm weather this year the planting and weeds have taken over already. Just about done unless I can find a nice construction site somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back