Pointy rolled tin whatsits?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Picked these items and have no clue what they are...

They are 7.5", 8.5" and 9.5".

They are rolled tin that come to a point at one end and are flared at the other, each are cut at the flared end into four equal quarters. There is some surface rust.

They are pliable, fragile, and hollow.

Anyone know what they are?

Attachments

• IMGP7880.JPG
    IMGP7880.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMGP7881.JPG
    IMGP7881.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMGP7882.JPG
    IMGP7882.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 96
  • IMGP7883.JPG
    IMGP7883.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMGP7884.JPG
    IMGP7884.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 94
I wish I knew, Jim,

How'd you find them?

They are off the Pointy Pointy Chart!

chart-2.jpg

Upvote 0
Being a crocheter, they look like crochet hooks with the little hooks on the ends.

Upvote 0
I was thinking Victorian hair pin, but the hooks pointed out by Sheperdess make me also think crochet needles. Perhaps they once had wood or even ivory in the hollow ends. ???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the ideas. The tips, which look like hooks, and too small and pointy to be used for crochet and are only bent due to damage I think. They are a little too fragile to be used with any force at all and might bend. They are tin, after all, and very thin.

Upvote 0
Keep the post bumped every other day or so!! Someone will know

Upvote 0
I was think of "Tinklers", but they are probably to long..

Tim

Upvote 0
Where did you get these items? I don't know what they are but they look kinda familiar for some reason. I think they'd make a great bottle rocket launching tube!

Upvote 0
I think Shep is close with crochet hooks. They are not hooks but I think they are related to making lace, or doing open work knitting. I've searched to find a pic but nothing close yet.

DCMatt

Upvote 0
Where did you get these items? I don't know what they are but they look kinda familiar for some reason. I think they'd make a great bottle rocket launching tube!

I found these at one if my classified "picking" locations... which is mostly a junk shop. The items are at least vintage... having been in the shop sice the 1970s, but, nobody knew what they were.

I do think they were used as intended, are not "unused" or new, and potentially were used in a knitting, sewing, or some similar craft... but they are very fragile so I rulled out knitting needles or crochete hooks.

There is every chance there are needles though, so I continue to be open to suggestions.

Upvote 0
i think they are vintage pastry cones for those long skinny [little bigger around than a pencil]
rolled pastry cookies that have a cream filling, i cant remember what the cookies are called
i think they are made in denmark, maybe someone will remember what they are called
sorta like these
Tin pastry cone (x 12) - Individual mould - Kitchenware Boutique

Thanks, but, there is no opening in the small end to push cream into a pastsry, and, it might only hold a thimbles-worth of any substance. They are far to small.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back