Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer

Attachments

• 112_1242.JPG
    112_1242.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0
Undertaker,

That is an interesting piece you have there. I have never seen anything like that. At least, i don't think i have. Thanks for sharing, Just gave me something else to keep an eye out for. HH

Dishinet

Hey Undertaker,

Thats a nice plummet you have. They are quite rare in Louisiana as well....associated with the poverty point culture among others. This is the only good one I have.....drilled at the top. Heavy hematite type stone well proportioned. I have a couple more shaped ones, but not as good as this. Some have grooves around the top, some are drilled and some are shaped like yours is with a flair at the top. Always a thrill to find stone artifacts like those.

Happy Hunting

Atlantis

Attachments

• Plummet.jpg
    Plummet.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 371
Atlantis,

Thats a real beauty also. Now they are probably pretty rare here also seeing i don't recall ever seeing one. Or anything that even resembles it for that matter. Those are some awesome finds guys!! Now i want one!! lol

Dishinet

NICE NICE NICE!!! I have never found one either but I was field hunting a small field with a friend (one of those one time deals) out in the middle of nowhere.. I found a couple flakes and a broken point, he found not one but TWO net sinkers about 10 minutes apart! I look my whole life and never find one- he goes looking one time and finds two in ten minutes.. I wanted to strangle him! ;D

Hey Cannonman.....

A thought for you if such a circumstance arises again......"Two go out, but only one comes back."

Atlantis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back