Please help with signature

Can yo get a clearer pic of whats on border? I can not make it larger by clicking on it...And do you think that is a Q?,So far i have found NO artist with the 1st.name ham(?)

Upvote 0
I was thinking han or Hon

And I think it is a O

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This signature is driving me nuts lol

Upvote 0
It looks like France? Or some European city, so maybe you can look up wrought iron archway, gateway, and figure out the place? The signature could be ham (Hamilton?) On'prine or prive? Or one word, with the ' being the top of the p?

Upvote 0
Found this just can't get to link

Upvote 0
Gateway to imperial palace vienna Austria

Last edited:
Upvote 0
First name may be Hans?

Upvote 0
If it was taken by an Englishman or American with German/Austrian parentage, the first name would likely be Hans rather than Ham or Harris.

Found this German alphabet chart that shows the letters and their correct cursive forms:
germanscript-1.gif

That said, the "first" name appears to be "von", but I can't decipher the surname. The capital letter could be a Q, G, or O. I do think an "n" follows, so it's probably an O. The third letter could be a p, k, y, or z depending on the handwriting style. Beyond that, I'm stumped.

Upvote 0
Hans Figura

Attachments

• hansfigura.jpg
    hansfigura.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0
DC Matt...

Awesome job dc Matt your good
You are correct!!! DC Matt is very wise! He has helped me many time's!!!...Pic show's 1 OIL PAINTING of his that sold at auction,But show's 4 of his works have sold at auction&You have seen what somebody is asking for the print on the EPAY link,GOOD LUCK&Great job DC Matt!!!:notworthy:

Attachments

• DSCI9735.JPG
    DSCI9735.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 82
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back