✅ SOLVED Please help ID umarked Bayoney!!

apbroker

Greenie
Sep 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please help ID umarked Bayonet!!

I need some help to ID this unmarked bayonet. It looks like a Krag U.S. bayonet but there is some differences. The only marking is a 4 digit serial number on the guard and nothing on the scabbard. It has wooden grips a flash guard and barrel ring. Total length is 17" long. Any information at all would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1922.JPG
    IMG_1922.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1923.JPG
    IMG_1923.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1924.JPG
    IMG_1924.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1925.JPG
    IMG_1925.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1926.JPG
    IMG_1926.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Yes they are very similar but see how much more the guard drops down on mine and it doesnt have pins in the guard either like the M1895 does. Maybe just a different variation?

Upvote 0
Looks like a Mauser variant to me, but which one of the hundreds of them I'm not sure. Will you measure the diameter of the muzzle ring inside and outside in MM, and also the blade length?

I think it could be an Venezuelan Model 1900

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The inside diameter of the ring is appx. 19mm, outside is appx. 23mm and the blade is 11 3/4" long. It does look like it attaches to a Mauser lug.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like a Mauser variant to me, but which one of the hundreds of them I'm not sure. Will you measure the diameter of the muzzle ring inside and outside in MM, and also the blade length?

I think it could be an Venezuelan Model 1900
With those measurements, I'd say you're right.

The inside diameter of the ring is appx. 19mm, outside is appx. 23mm and the blade is 11 3/4" long. It does look like it attaches to a Mauser lug.

Upvote 0
Yep the Venezuelan Model 1900 looks to be it. Thank you guys for your help.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back