Plan B and the great mid-century deposit does it again with three silvers.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab xterra 505. Then Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances. Now use a manticore.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was supposed to go somewhere else but it didn't pan out due to road closure. Moved some rocks and combed through iron, gravel, nails and copper wire. The most fruitful pit underwater I've opened up.

But I found Jesus... literally. And a neat brass claw foot from a clock?? Or something that sat on feet and was smaller.

Coins are 3 crusty wheatys.
Silvers were a
1946 rosey and 1960 And another sterling Mary metal. That 1960 could definitely use some electrolysis.

Curious how so many brass and enamel Holy name society lapel pins got in here.

No idea yet on the square decorative item. Maybe pendant with loop broken off top? Has an animal on back I can't quite make out with water crust.

Not show are 2 broken keys, a melted little bottle. twice forks and a stainless steel spoon by silco. (They made mess kit silverware during ww2).

Attachments

• 20240908_191218.jpg
    20240908_191218.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 49
Upvote 14
Wow, that's a really nice bunch of finds, congrats!
Thank you. I'm pretty surprised how much stuff is in a small area. My last post on it was everything up to this hunt. I know how it got here. It's just a task picking through it. Lot of nails and iron. Copper bits and copper scrap and silverware. No stone left in turned.

I was supposed to go somewhere else but it didn't pan out due to road closure. Moved some rocks and combed through iron, gravel, nails and copper wire. The most fruitful pit underwater I've opened up.

But I found Jesus... literally. And a neat brass claw foot from a clock?? Or something that sat on feet and was smaller.

Coins are 3 crusty wheatys.
Silvers were a
1946 rosey and 1960 And another sterling Mary metal. That 1960 could definitely use some electrolysis.

Curious how so many brass and enamel Holy name society lapel pins got in here.

No idea yet on the square decorative item. Maybe pendant with loop broken off top? Has an animal on back I can't quite make out with water crust.

Not show are 2 broken keys, a melted little bottle. twice forks and a stainless steel spoon by silco. (They made mess kit silverware during ww2).
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back