✅ SOLVED Pistol from a site with an old 1870s house on it

Lakebum

Jun 16, 2012
IL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pistol from a site with an old 1870's house on it

IMG_0598.JPGIt has a brass handle. The pictures wont show the brass but I scraped it accidentally and it had a brass sheen on it. The barrel of the gun would be about the size of a modern quater.IMG_0596.JPG

Thanks! I'm a Junior high teacher by day, and would love to tell them what it is before I show them. Kind of a teaching moment as opposed to show and tell.

Upvote 0
What you have is an old spur trigger pocket revolver, or about half of it anyway. Without any markings, which would likely have been on the barrel I'm afraid I can't give you much more info than that. It will date to probably 1870's to around 1900 or so, probably in the earlier part of that range. It would have been a .22 given it's size.

They were made by a lot of different companies but yours would likely have looked like one of these two when it was whole....

Attachments

• spur1.jpg
    spur1.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 246
  • spur2.jpg
    spur2.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Upvote 0
What you have is an old spur trigger pocket revolver, or about half of it anyway. Without any markings, which would likely have been on the barrel I'm afraid I can't give you much more info than that. It will date to probably 1870's to around 1900 or so, probably in the earlier part of that range. It would have been a .22 given it's size.

They were made by a lot of different companies but yours would likely have looked like one of these two when it was whole....

Great Id on this...

Upvote 0
Wow, consider my mind blow, thanks! How to i click it as solved?

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back